Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
Had a simular situation for another brand of vehicle and was told once the new unit deal is signed , closed and leaves the dealer lot in buyers possession, it is a "used" vehicle and dealer cannot re sell as new.....therefore they would be in a loss of $ and they will not re do the former "deal" ! Agree it does not seem to be fair but perhaps someone has a suggestion as to a fix ?

·
Registered
2019 RTL
17 Posts
He should have done his homework(research) before taking the test(signing the dotted line). Some salesmen and some dealerships will promise the stars even though they are only here on earth. Moral of the story check and recheck before signing the dotted line. I will not bend over $10k just for going up trim level for a parking sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
I have a 2019 RTL-E and it came with parking & traffic sensors etc. Did Honda take them away from the 2022 RTL -E ridgeline???
I would be all over the selling Honda dealer. Look at your Honda window sticker. It lists all of the features that come with the ridgeline. I would also contact Honda and ask them you want to meet with the regional Honda Manager. Most are responsible for 6 to 8 dealers in your area. Do not wait to do this. Time is a factor.
Also: Never ever trust a car salesperson. No matter what brand. Sorry to say but when they look at any of us all they see are $$$$$$ signs. Once they make the deal & sell you the car & have your money it’s “ NEXT” and they move on to the next $$$$$$ ( mark)
And like all of us once they make you feel & says “ my car sales person is great “ you, we are done !!!! When a car sales person knows your have “ Car Fever “ you become a piece of meat ! Good car sales people are experts at cooking us over an open fire pit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No case. All the standard features for each trim level are nicely defined on the Honda web site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know what state you are in but Florida law states you have 3 days after a contract is signed to get out of the contract. Check out your state law. You should always do your homework and never sign a contract without reading it first. What did the window sticker say the truck had in it? NEVER TAKE A CAR SALES PERSON AT THEIR WORD ALWAYS GET IT IN WRITING!!! Always check the car over before taking it off the lot. Go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb before signing. Take it for a test drive and make the sales person go over all of the bells and whistles before signing. Everyone learns the hard way.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
315 Posts
I believe there is a financing component to the three day rule in some states. (Doesn’t matter in this OP case since the guys totally responsible for his issues it seems).

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry you were misinformed by your salesman. It happens. Better to lick your wounds & move on. Now, you have parking sensors & other options. There are trade-off's between trim lines.

·
Registered
2017 RTL
53 Posts
You did not read the option list before the purchase otherwise you would have known it did not have parking sensors. Also, you write the trade to get them cost $10,000? Huh - $10,000 for parking sensors? Either way it is on you. Or maybe you are a spoofer/spammer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Many consumers mistakenly believe they have three days to cancel a motor vehicle purchase contract. They do not. The 3-day "cooling off" period only applies to sales the dealer makes away from the dealership — for example, at a mall or fair grounds. If you sign a purchase contract at the dealership it is a binding contract.

Door to door sales transactions might a 3 day cancellation in some states.

California, buyer's remorse laws give consumers the right to cancel some types of purchases in certain cases. But unlike the popular myth, there is absolutely no general, three-day, cooling-off period in California law. You buy an expensive item today, your rights to return it tomorrow probably depend on the posted policies of the store you frequented.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You did not mention your age or experience in car shopping. I am 84 and have bought many used and new cars. First, nothing verbal from the salesman is factual. He's trying to sell you something. Get everything in writing. You get a list of equipment and options on your particular purchase------read it! Get over in a corner and read everything, especially the loan details. Once you take possession of the vehicle and leave the dealership it is monumentally harder to add, delete or change anything. Im sorry for your situation but you need to take some responsibility yourself. Salesmen sell maby 5 cars a week, you probably buy 1 every 5 years. You cannot hope to get a deal with even a reputable salesman. I purchased a 2022, RTL-E Honda Ridgeline from Autonation in Knoxville, Tennessee (my second one). They wheel and deal as I would expect them to do but both my purchases have been satisfactory after adjustments, haggling and the usual dance between me and the salesman. Lick your wound and be more careful next time.
s

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's an independent dealership and Honda doesn't control what they do or charge. You needed to talk with the head honcho and find out why you couldn't get a model with the parking sensors. That salesman ran over you like you weren't even there. Could have threated to call a lawyer to sue the dealership. Lemon law if you kept bringing it back for the same problem may have helped, but trading it in to a different dealer sealed your fate.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL E
33 Posts
I have a very strong suspicion this is a spammer - the signs are there, but I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong. :)
Seems like such a strange post. What “signs” are you writing about? please be more specific.

the original post sounds pretty legit to me, i.e. A member who is disgruntled about a bad decision that he made. What could he be attempting to gain by “spamming” with his post(s)?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
879 Posts
Seems like such a strange post. What “signs” are you writing about? please be more specific.

the original post sounds pretty legit to me, i.e. A member who is disgruntled about a bad decision that he made. What could he be attempting to gain by “spamming” with his post(s)?
This story from the OP is so bizarre that its either one of the dumbest things (no offence) I've ever heard or not believable. 🤷‍♂️

61 - 80 of 104 Posts