Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
I don’t feel you have any legs to stand on concerning your lack of knowledge or failure to read the Maroni on the vehicle that describes in detail the features and. OST of each items. I am sorry for you but you have to read the fine print. This this your first new vehicle purchase? I would have done online research and printed out exactly what I wanted to purchase and had it to the dealership and say This is what I want.
To lose $10k on a trade in i or s crazy as well Sell the vehicle outright to to another dealership that would give you a better deal. Good luck and hope you like your vehicle as much as I love mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Purchased a 2022 honda ridgeline was told it had parking sensors upon arriving home later at night noticed it did not have. Went back to current dealership early next morning address my concerns. Was told he misunderstood what i was asking and when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars. Do anyone feel like i have a case with honda to possibly getting this money refunded back to me. I had done what i thought was right and went back less then 24 hours later from the original purchase. And to be put in this situation is beyond my beliefs i trusted honda. Please reach out to me. God bless
did you already give the ridgeline to the second dealer ????? if not i would have went back to first dealer explain you didn't know it didn't have parking sensors ,,,,and if salesman told you it did ,,,they should do something ,,,you went back asap

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Sport
4 Posts
mid you had it in writing that you were to receive the backup sensor then you Might have something. But once the deal is done it over and your stuck with it unfortunately

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (successor to 2010 Dark Cherry Pearl RTL)
1,210 Posts
when i asked about returning it to get the rtl-e package he said a deal is a deal he couldn't do anything for me.so i went to another dealership to address the issue ending up getting the rtl-e package but the trade ended up costing me a additional 10,000 dollars.
Wow, you really showed that first dealer a thing or two.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (successor to 2010 Dark Cherry Pearl RTL)
1,210 Posts
If the OP is a spammer then all these replies are pointless.

If the OP is legit then all these replies are just piling on. If he didn't get the hint from the first 10 replies calling him stupid, then the next 70 probably won't make a dent either.
All that quite possibly being true… this is a discussion forum, and whether or not the OP is a troll (and I respectfully disagree with my friend @zroger73 ’s characterization of the OP as a spammer), a post like this evokes a strong response in most folks who read the thread. I’m sure not going to wade through 80 replies and then conclude, “Gee, I’d just be piling on if I had my own two cents about how foolish this person was.”

Just for fun, go look at some of our historic threads that go well over 1K messages and span a couple of years. The OP is getting off lightly, if trading in a new vehicle and forking over an additional $10,000 can be called “lightly.”

·
Registered
7 Posts
So honda doesnt have a customer return guarantee. Even less then 24 hours old. Chevy aint like that
Bull! I had a Chevy had multiple problems after driving it of the lot , no help from dealer, service dept or GM. Ended up taking them to arbitration and won. The Only car company , not dealer , I know of that allowed you to return a vehicle was Saturn. Unfortunately GM did away with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would guess that you paid exactly what that dealer wanted for that trim level. You stated in your OP that you "trusted Honda". This error has nothing to do with Honda. It's truly on you. Could they have done something, sure, but the dealer wasn't obligated. If I had 10K in disposable income I think I would have spent it a little differently.
I disagree. I think if a dear is wanting customers to tell other people about the great dealership they are they go the extra mile to make them happy. That dealership could have offered to credit the buyer on his purchase and sell him the one he wanted. I’m not blaming the sales person it on the buyer , but a lot of states have a 30 day cool off period for large sales contracts and buyers remorse. I would not have rushed out without checking my options and even contacting the owner of the dealership.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don’t know who you guys are talking to? The OP has not been seen here since two days ago after initiating this thread.

Bill
As a former Honda Salesperson in the 1980’s and 1990’s ….I can tell you 2 things for sure…not ALL salespeople are ”bad” and ”misleading “ as some here suggest. But the truth is most comments here are correct…buyer needs to do his/her homework too. And I would NEVER have paid additional $10000 to get the RTL-E because of wanting the sensors. I would have pursued it with the original dealer since they made the mistake. At some point someone high up enough would have done something to try to please you…even if it was adding the sensors to your RTL,… or some other compensation. Once you traded it to the other dealer…they made out with an almost new RTL for a great price that they will surely sell for a nice profit, on top of the profit they made selling you a new RTL-E. And the original selling dealer is off the hook. There are 2 things I’ve learned in my 40 plus years of buying cars …Do you homework FIRST! Many times I know more about the vehicle I’m looking to buy, than the salesman does, for a variety of reasons. Second…if you’re not happy with someone or some transaction…STOP…and pursue it until you go as far as you can to satisfy yourself. Most dealers and retail establishments do have a corporate office, or parent company that does not want bad publicity and will work with you to resolve an issue.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I can tell you 2 things for sure…not ALL salespeople are ”bad” and ”misleading “ as some here suggest.
Do you homework FIRST! Many times I know more about the vehicle I’m looking to buy, than the salesman does, for a variety of reasons.
Completely agree with both of these sentiments. I bought my Nissan Frontier a year and a half old from a Honda dealer and got a great deal, salesman was great. 7 years later, we were looking for our first Odyssey and found one at a local Lexus dealer and when we went in, saw the same sales guy who had moved to that dealer. Another great experience. If he was back at a Honda dealer when we bought our current Odyssey (new), I probably would have sought him out again.

And there have been many times that I have shown a sales person something about the vehicle they are trying to sell me. My thought is that I buy a new vehicle on average probably once every 6-7 years, so I can spend a few weeks researching it very well before purchasing.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have always found this to be the case when shopping at a dealership.
When we were considering buying our 2019 RTL a very young sales guy looked over our 2007 Ridgeline and said "this is great; I've never really looked close at one of these", so I showed him a few details because he was interested. My wife looked at me like "WTF?" as I was trying not to smile. However he was good at the transaction, which is what I needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good luck . I pray that you get refunded. I was recently screwed by a dealership (Jack o' Diamonds ) in Tyler Texas. They sold me a HPD ridgeline with black rims and charged me 495.00 for said rims. I literally scratched the paint off with my nails. Instead of reimbursement of the 495.00 they wanted to drive from Dallas Texas back to them (Tyler ) on my time and gas /money to so say fix the problem .I'm sorry but this was clearly a con job and I'm not wasting anymore money so they can screw me again .I just wanted a refund so I could get it done right. I ended up giving it to GOD but, any chance I get to tell people about this back woods company , I will . Anyway, people / companies / the world is full of dishonest evil people . We just have to do our best to prove that there are still good people out here.
Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

·
Administrator
21,157 Posts
Good luck . I pray that you get refunded. I was recently screwed by a dealership (Jack o' Diamonds ) in Tyler Texas. They sold me a HPD ridgeline with black rims and charged me 495.00 for said rims. I literally scratched the paint off with my nails. Instead of reimbursement of the 495.00 they wanted to drive from Dallas Texas back to them (Tyler ) on my time and gas /money to so say fix the problem .I'm sorry but this was clearly a con job and I'm not wasting anymore money so they can screw me again .I just wanted a refund so I could get it done right. I ended up giving it to GOD but, any chance I get to tell people about this back woods company , I will . Anyway, people / companies / the world is full of dishonest evil people . We just have to do our best to prove that there are still good people out here.
The general manager of that dealership used to live down the road from me. I sometimes get reasonable pricing from them and the service manager has always been courteous and helpful.

• While my 2014 Ridgeline was waiting on a new Takata airbag inflator, they gave me a new CR-V to drive for several months (paid for by Honda). I liked the CR-V so much that I offered to buy it, but was told they couldn't sell courtesy cars so I went and bought one from a different dealer. The GM called to apologize and offer to make up for it on my next vehicle purchase.
  • While my 2017 Ridgeline was there for a recall, they gouged the rear bumper. While having the bumper fixed, the rear fender was dented.
  • While having new Black Edition wheels mounted on my 2019 Ridgeline, they chipped the paint on one of the wheels. They sent a mobile wheel repair service to my place of employment to refinish the wheel.
  • While having the transmission replaced on my 2019 Ridgeline when it failed at 14K miles, my dashcam recorded several employees expressing their dissatisfaction over the number of other defects I asked them to address and called me "weird" for buying a Ridgeline and mocked my profession (they knew I was an engineer and incorrectly assumed I was a locomotive engineer). I can't complain about that because I wasn't supposed to hear that conversation, but it's hard to unhear something you heard even though the recording wasn't intentional. After the transmission was replaced, there was an engine-related knock coming from the engine compartment - I suspect the technician didn't reassemble something correctly. I sold the vehicle because it had too many unresolved problems.
This is the same dealership that held a buyer's new Civic Type R hostage a few years ago and attracted the attention of the hacker group, Anonymous.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,724 Posts
I have always found this to be the case when shopping at a dealership.
When I bought my Ridgeline, my salesman was speed-talking about all the features of the Ridgeline, except he was giving me features that are typically found in the top trim Accord, not my RTL.

I had to keep telling my wife that "no, this truck does not have that feature" during his spiel. I can see where it would be very confusing for someone who didn't know anything about the truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well my friend, you learned a 10K lesson. The window sticker tells you what is standard equipment on this model. Ask for the options list, if it's not listed, DON'T buy it. A lot of sales people don' know their ass from a hole in the ground. Do your home work.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Give the guy a break. Similar thing happened to me. I bought my truck and the dealer said it was white. Got it home and it was red. Paid $15K to get it painted white, and now the dealer won’t reimburse me. Any recourse besides Supreme Court?

81 - 100 of 103 Posts