Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 Ridgeline is in for it's first "b" service. The code that came up was "B 16"
and when I called the Service Adviser asked if it was a 4 wheel drive Ridgeline... I said, "It's a 2009 Ridgeline" and she said " Not all Ridgelines are 4 wheel drive." I wanted to hang up.

This Dealer uses 3rd party oil when performing my service too.

Should I worry?

Thanks!
-Robert

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
My 09 Ridgeline is in for it's first "b" service. The code that came up was "B 16"
and when I called the Service Adviser asked if it was a 4 wheel drive Ridgeline... I said, "It's a 2009 Ridgeline" and she said " Not all Ridgelines are 4 wheel drive." I wanted to hang up.

Should I worry?

Thanks!
-Robert
Find another dealership, quick!!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I expect this kinda ignorance from the sales staff, but the service staff...holy crap...like 25 said...beat feet to another dealership! If a service advisor asked me if my RL was 4WD or not, I'd tell him to find another profession, and then go and find another garage to bring my truck to!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
He should be beat:eek:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
she said " Not all Ridgelines are 4 wheel drive." I wanted to hang up.
She probably had a brain fart and was thinking that the RL had the same drive options as the Pilot.
That is the more worrisome issue for this service department. I can understand it if they push the Honda fluids, but also have the cheaper stuff for those who insist. However, if they are offering, by default, fluids that are alleged to support dozens of different vehicles and driving conditions, I'd worry.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Please keep in mind that you can do MOST of the B-16 service yourself, and save lots of $$. My dealer quoted me a price of $280 for the B-16 service. I realized I could do most everything myself (simple stuff), and I performed all the service requirements for about $80. Saved me $200. Even if you don't have all the tools you need, just think what tools you can buy for $200.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,157 Posts
Please keep in mind that you can do MOST of the B-16 service yourself, and save lots of $$. My dealer quoted me a price of $280 for the B-16 service. I realized I could do most everything myself (simple stuff), and I performed all the service requirements for about $80. Saved me $200. Even if you don't have all the tools you need, just think what tools you can buy for $200.
Exactly! There are plenty of guides here as to how to do this relatively simple work. If you have the tools you need, setup and takedown will take most of the time.

Even if you're not mechanically inclined, it's still not difficult to do!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

Should I worry?

Thanks!
-Robert
Nope...sounds like par for the course to me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Maybe she was mistaken yours for the 2011 model? =X

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC;) And find another dealership:eek:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Run - do not walk - to another dealer. But first: Tell the owner of that dealership about the incompetence of his service personnel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Change dealerships!

Reminds me of when I needed stickers for my boat for the registration number. The boat store didn't have any "W" stickers. I asked for help and the manager said "we always run out of "W" stickers". I couldn't believe it. I had to tell her that all boat numbers in Washington state start with W!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts