Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

So do they (Dealerships) track or share new buyers info?

ie: If i go to 1 dealer will the 2nd one 10miles away know i'm shopping around...like thru emails/credit apps etc...

Thanks!

C

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
Get Pre-approved at a Credit Union. Otherwise each dealer running your credit will be able to see the other credit apps

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Get Pre-approved at a Credit Union. Otherwise each dealer running your credit will be able to see the other credit apps
Agreed. Then bring in the pre-approval rate and see if the dealer will beat it....they usually can quite easily. My dealer even offered me an additional $500 discount if I financed...I was offering cash. He said I could pay it off any time....I just didn't want to go through the hassle, etc; however if you are going to finance anyway, bring all of your ammo with you....you'd be surprised how much you can save....

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Credit unions are almost always better than banks when it comes to financing rates. Dealerships want you to finance with their lenders because they make money from it. They'll typically try to beat the rate if they can. If you have good credit, use it to your advantage. Used our credit union for the past three vehicle purchases and banks couldn't come close to the rate offerings.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Check with you insurance carrier as well. State Farm has always beat interest rate/terms of my local banks and credit union. AutoNation Honda 385 offered me 2.99% when I bought my RL, told them no thanks, State Farm deal was better, they countered with 1.99%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts