Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure if Honda reads these threads, we should emphasize what we like to ensure we don't lose our favorite features when they redesign the Ridgeline to get rid of what we dislike. :)

For example, I really love the fabric seats and want them to be an option on the RTLs. Keep these great rubber mats standard. I'm delighted with the tires, too. Great choice. I'm an utter tire snob and I don't have the urge to replace these like I have with every other car I've had.

G

·
Hazcat said:
I figure if Honda reads these threads, we should emphasize what we like to ensure we don't lose our favorite features when they redesign the Ridgeline to get rid of what we dislike. :)

For example, I really love the fabric seats and want them to be an option on the RTLs. Keep these great rubber mats standard. I'm delighted with the tires, too. Great choice. I'm an utter tire snob and I don't have the urge to replace these like I have with every other car I've had.
Great idea.
Honda...I love my truck.
Fix the leaks, fix the wind noise and any other repair issue and then leave it alone. :D Not trying to burst anyone's hopes for more but I like her just the way she is.
:)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
This is a good thread to help counter the perception that we all have leaky, creaky, noisy trucks that we wish we had never purchased. Nothing could be further from the truth!

I love the comfort and smoothness of the ride. We were just describing our three week road trip to Canada to a friend and that 3,500 miles did not leave us with a dead butt or unusual pains. It's so smooth (if you're on a decent highway or freeway) that I was actually able to write post cards while we travelled.

One of my favorite features is "magic windows." I love being able to roll all the windows down with the key as we walk across the parking lot with a basket full of groceries.

NAV!! There are a few tweaks I'd like to see happen to improve it, but I am so delighted to have it. We drove right to a bus station in an unfamiliar city last night to pick someone up. What a joy to find all the information we needed in the directory and then just request that it create a route and drive right there! In addition to being useful with time and distance information, it's great fun for me, the map freak.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I have been an automotive enthusiast for most of my life and the RL is the best "package" for it's intended use that I have ever owned in 50 years of driving (I started when I was 12), bar none. It's the first vehicle I have really enjoyed driving every time I am in it for many years. No, it isn't perfect. The bed scratching problem irks me and all the doors should unlock automaticly as they were intended, but Honda obviously put a tremendous amount of effort into making an truck that does everything well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My Ridgeline replaced a Nissan minimalist pickup. The gas mileage is about 75% of the Nissan. The power, comfort, luxury and convenience of the Ridgeline are 1000% greater than the Nissan. No contest. The best truck I've ever driven, not just owned. I feel lucky to own my Ridgeline.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Only offer green in future model years. :D ;) :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I love my truck too, each morning when I go out to drive my wife to the train I am always hopeful that some how my truck managed to get behind her Civic so that we have to drive it. Almost every morning I am disappointed. It is so comfortable to drive, so nice to ride in and the XM is so cool to listen to. I honestly can't think of something on the truck though that I wouldn't mind a little tweak here and there to. I love the driver's seat and wish the passenger seat was like it, I love the RTL but wish I could have got the package with cloth seats although these are really amazing leather seats in comparison to what I have seen in other vehicles in the past. It would be neat if there was a little storage behind the driver's side rear passenger seat like in the Nissan I think, where they have a little emergency kit that fits in there. The thing that is most important though is that everything I can pick out is a little tweak, unlike with my Forester where I did the big tweak and switch vehicle type. I would buy the Ridgeline over and over again because it is just such a great match for my needs and desires. Everything is so nice on it. Although if I pop the latch out of the center console divider again I am afraid it won't go back together. I need some sort of visual reminder not to try to pull that thing forward without reaching back for the latch.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I love:

the center console ambient light.

the roll down windows with the remote key.

the quietness with the rear window open.

the smooth ride.

the VSA! :D

the sound of the exhaust.

the wheels/tires. Nice combination.

Safety For Everyone.

the nautical themed compass.

the rear yellow turn signals. I don't know why, I just prefer to have the contrasting yellow flash with the steady burning red brake lights.

the size of the interior.

the integrated key with remote. I think the folding ones are too bulky and a separte key and remote is just not practical. I carry just my key and that is all.

the extendable center console and arm rest.

the smooth ride. (repeated for emphasis)

the four bed lights.

the tie downs.

and of course the trunk!

I could go on, but I will let others add theirs.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Safety (airbags, stability control)
4 ft wide bed
ride
full time 4wd
bed lights
rear camera
heated seats
nav system (in general)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hmmm... so many things, but my top are:

Build quality - it rivals the best
Ride - right amount of road feel, no bounce, very sure footed and so quiet
Handling - it's amazing how well it handles for it's size and being a truck
Engine/Exhaust note - just plain sweet
'Lectronics and whiz-bang gizmos - I'll never remember everything it does
The trunk - a show stopper every time
Styling - she's just plain pretty

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hazcat said:
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd revive this one. The one thing I really like about the truck is (drum roll please): The steering/handling. I find the firm steering perfect for me and the flat cornering is amazing for a truck. (with apologies to my Accord)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
The handling of the RL is outstanding. I drive my RL into work on a daily basis and drive into the city for various reasons (shopping, etc.) and have ended up getting into some fairly tight situations in parking lots, side streets, and that kinda thing. I have many times said to myself, "I'd like to see a full sized pickup or even extended cab-mid sized pickup do this".

Now, don't get me wrong, I am no ripping on full sized pickups, whatever the make, because they do have their place. I am just saying that full-sized pickups are....well, full sized. In daily commuting/driving/parking (Plus with current price of gas), in my opinion, they are just not practical. I know, in a couple tight spots, that happened to because some idiots just don't know how to park, it was a little difficult getting out without banging into somebody or a wall or something like that. I can't imagine trying to get a full sized pickup outta some of those situations.

The other day, I was trying to get to a business, that was one of those places that was only accessable from one direction. So, it was one of those where you have to drive down past the business, do a U turn, go back, and then do another "U"ie to get back there. As I was performing the manuvers to get to my destination, I really appreciated the outstanding handling of my RL. That was another place where I thought to myself, "Man, I would like to see another pickup do this"!

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is a great idea for a thread, so allow me to add mine. I love
-the center armrest
-fullsize crewcab
-lockable in-bed trunk
-2-way liftgate
-compass
-heated leather seats
-all wheel drive with good tires to match
-Honda reliability
-oil life sensor
-small, compact bed
-quiet ride (that is before I added the roofrack)

On the contrary, I would also like for Acura to take the RL and make a true luxury version. Not that I would be able to afford it, but it would be nice to see.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
It's easier to list what ought to be changed that what ought not to be changed, because this is a pretty [email protected] good truck.

Top of my favorite list: The console, trunk & tailgate. The quiet ride & handling are also very distinctive pluses for the Ridge. The fold-up rear seat gets a lot of comments & is something I use almost every day.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Okay - the fold up rear seat gets my vote.

Used it when hauling windows and screens back and forth to repair shop.

Its great, don't have to worry about bouncing in the bed, don't have to run straight home because someone may steal them out of the bed.

I will check one of these days to see if my road bike fits back there so I don't have to drill my Thule Bike rack into the composite bed, would hate to have stress cracks from drill holes.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
How could I forget about the fold up rear seats? I love them. I've been contemplating getting a Tacoma or Tundra for years, but neither of them have fold up rear seats. I need the underseat space for subwoofers. I'm planning out my system right now to hopefully have installed next month.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dear Honda:

I love the trunk. the handling, the dual action tailgate, the fold up rear seats, the composite bed (I personally LOVE the bed and could care LESS abotu minor scratches..), the quiet smooth ride, the XM radio, and

I LOVE THE POWER REAR WINDOW! (Odds are if it sisn't raining this window is open the cross breeze is outstanding with the sunroof open....)

·
Registered
329 Posts
There are so many things that I like about my truck but if I had to narrow it down to my single most favorite feature: (drumroll)

The Navi with reaeview camera

Okay; I cheated a bit and listed two :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts