Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These climate control vehicles make it so hard to simply blow fresh air, without AC and without Heat.

If outside temp is hotter than cabin then you can simply manually turn off AC (push AC button) and you can get fresh air. But if outside temp is colder than cabin then I can't figure out how to turn off heat. If you adjust temp downward then at some point it wants to cool the cabin. So it goes from heat to cool, with nothing in between.

Some of us live in temperate climates and we just want to blow fresh air once in a while.

thanks.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a G2. When it's nice out (rarely) I press the on/off button to shut off the ac/heat. Then I press only the "mode" button to redirect the outside air coming in to the upper vents or lower vents. If you touch the fan button it turns everything back on.

I've found with these "automatic" climate controls it's best not to try to second guess them. They usually get it almost right but they really hate it if you mess with them.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,721 Posts
Stuck on a 5 lane interstate is fresh air? Hate to know what's going on inside the cabin if the outside is fresh.
Come on now. . . There are certainly times when one would want to cruise on the highway with out the added noise (or drag) from an open window yet without the climate control system wasting fuel running the AC compressor or heating the incoming air. . .Sounds like Zroger provided a USEFUL response.
On the GenI one of the best ways to cruise in nice temp weather is with the sunroof open and the sliding rear window open but everything else closed. There is a nice flow of fresh air with minimal noise and buffeting. Hopefully this is true for the GenII as well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come on now. . . There are certainly times when one would want to cruise on the highway with out the added noise (or drag) from an open window yet without the climate control system wasting fuel running the AC compressor or heating the incoming air. . .Sounds like Zroger provided a USEFUL response.
On the GenI one of the best ways to cruise in nice temp weather is with the sunroof open and the rear window open but everything else closed. There is a nice flow of fresh air with minimal noise and buffeting. Hopefully this is true for the GenII as well?
Exactly. When reading these forums I'm often reminded how different the needs are for city folks vs rural. I'm stuck in a big city for now :(

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Exactly. When reading these forums I'm often reminded how different the needs are for city folks vs rural. I'm stuck in a big city for now :(
Yeah the same on the Gen 2,

I would have at least thrown killer bees or escaped research monkeys on the table as a reason why it's not safe to open the windows.

If I can't open the windows I just run the blower on low. .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I turn off the climate control system, then push the mode button until it’s on vents, then crack the moon roof to create draw. This “pulls” outside air through the vents.

·
Administrator
18,553 Posts
I turn off the climate control system, then push the mode button until it’s on vents, then crack the moon roof to create draw. This “pulls” outside air through the vents.
Even when the climate control system is "off", it still tries to regulate the cabin temperature to the setting when the system was turned off by adjusting the blend doors. It can't cool the interior below the outside air temperature because the compressor isn't running, but it can heat the air.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
218 Posts
Or crack the moonroof and back window to get crossflow. worked well on my extended test drive of a 2020 RTL-E

1 - 16 of 16 Posts