Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,741 Posts
Looks good. I still can’t believe how much of the front grill Honda blocks off.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Reefndude

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently bought a 2020 BE and also want to debadge it, especially the BE badge in the front grill. How did you remove it? Is it just clipped on?
I removed the cover and air intake. I had just enough room to get my arm behind the grill and break the tabs on the badge. The lettering is 2 pieces and the front pulls away from the back. It will probably break. Then push the back part from the grill.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
I removed the cover and air intake. I had just enough room to get my arm behind the grill and break the tabs on the badge. The lettering is 2 pieces and the front pulls away from the back. It will probably break. Then push the back part from the grill. View attachment 427416 View attachment 427416
When I stick my fingers through the grill and feel the back of the badge I think I can feel the tabs, meaning that mine feels like it's only one piece. But I'll follow your steps so as to at least get a better look. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I stick my fingers through the grill and feel the back of the badge I think I can feel the tabs, meaning that mine feels like it's only one piece. But I'll follow your steps so as to at least get a better look. Thanks!
I'll take a photo of the emblem. The lettering is a separate piece from the black backing. The black rectangle the letters are sitting on
Looks good! What was your source for the blank grille emblem?
Lens tint

·
Registered
2023 RL Black Edition - White
323 Posts
Interesting. I am fine with the BE on the front grill, but do not care for the chrome letters on the tailgate. I am probably going to remove those. I might order the black “H” that is available….

·
Registered
2023 Ridgeline RTL-E - Silver / 2018 CR-V EX-L - Silver
27 Posts
Interesting. I am fine with the BE on the front grill, but do not care for the chrome letters on the tailgate. I am probably going to remove those. I might order the black “H” that is available….
Are the rear emblems glued or are there holes?

What's the best/safest method to remove?

Thanks...

·
Registered
2023 RL Black Edition - White
323 Posts

Thanks...
I have not done it yet. Probably just going to remove the Ridgeline and AWD emblems and leave the H in the center. The side ones are glued on, not sure about the H. I use a fishing line and get under the letters, until they are separated from the glue. You might want to use a hair dryer on the emblems prior to using the fishing line, especially if it’s a cold out. I use Goo be Gone to remove the glue.

YouTube has a number of videos that detail the process.

·
Registered
2023 Ridgeline RTL-E - Silver / 2018 CR-V EX-L - Silver
27 Posts
I have not done it yet. Probably just going to remove the Ridgeline and AWD emblems and leave the H in the center. The side ones are glued on, not sure about the H. I use a fishing line and get under the letters, until they are separated from the glue. You might want to use a hair dryer on the emblems prior to using the fishing line, especially if it’s a cold out. I use Goo be Gone to remove the glue.

YouTube has a number of videos that detail the process.
Thanks... Me too, leave the H, but remove the AWD & Ridgeline.

Love to see pics of you do it - or if anyone else has done it...?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thanks...
I removed awd and ridgeline. Those were glued. I believe the H has holes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts