Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

December Sales

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  AG87BlkLX 
#1 ·
So Honda sold 4085 and a grand total of 23,667 for 2016 (that does include some G1 but it was like 4 I think), at least it looks like they may just keep their goal of 40k or so trucks a year or more depending how long the MY 17 are on sale. They have been holding the trucks (Pilot and Odyssey until November for model year change, 2016 Pilot went from May 2015 until November 2016).

For an average of 3500 or so trucks per month they could and they hold till November of next year they could claim 60k or so trucks. That may just make this truck important enough for Honda to keep improving them and keep around. Also all the positive press is really doing well for this truck. I know us former G1 owners may have felt short changed but you can't argue with the mainstream media and mainstream buyers. There are more new owners than old converts so far on this board.

Here are the past month sales

December 4085
November 3464
October 3371
September 3318
August 3437
July 3518
June 2472 (about 13 days of sales)

See less See more
#12 ·
More interesting, it outsold the Colorado AND Canyon in December!!!
Will be interesting to see what happens when some stock/colours finally become avail....

#3 ·
Agreed -- positive press has got to be helping with sales. I think the less-polarizing styling is also getting more people to take a look at the truck than would have considered the G1. I would be very surprised to see a 2018 RL before Nov/Dec 2017, and I'm not expecting much change...maybe a new color and adjusted trim offerings (e.g., IIHS-acclaimed LED headlights on all models above base RT, Honda Sensing option for RTL/RTL-T,
maybe a tailgate lock and manual rear slider window on mid-level trims...all just hopeful speculation on my part.)

It now looks like the 2017 Odyssey will be a carry-over, with the remodeled 2018 Ody arriving late this winter or next spring. I hope they offer the new 10AT on the van's highest trim so we can start racking up some reliability data before it goes into the RL. But Acura has always gotten the latest tech first, so this may be a long shot for the Ody.

#6 ·
The truck should be here on or about the 16 according to the dealer. They gave me the VIN and it was built in early December based on the sequence but was not allocated to them until this week. I almost did not get it as soon as I did. It ended up being a 3 way swap with 3 dealers to get what I wanted. I got a stupid deal so I'm happy with how it played out. I'll post pics when I get it.

Trying to figure out what tonneau cover I want to get.

#8 ·
I am glad G2's are selling at a respectable clip. Honda beat out the Canyon by a few units in December.

#9 · (Edited)
Weather people wan to admit it or not trucks in a lot of instances are lifestyle vehicles. Often being a compromise in very many ways, is the G2 perfect? Nope. Yet when compared to other trucks it does do very well as a very useful daily driver. The Colorado was hailed as a very civilized truck, G2 is becoming a very compelling choice to many. Sales numbers don't lie. Even more amazing is that people are still paying higher prices or MSRP on the higher trims and Honda has no incentives on this truck. The great thing is that we have choices, what a beautiful thing!!!

#10 ·
That's very impressive for a little over 6 months of sales, considering their target of 40 000 units sold per year. One has to wonder if the numbers will eventually drop off as built up demand from G1 owners that were waiting for the G2 to come out, decreases. Hopefully, they'll be able to attract new buyers to offset that. Nonetheless, good for Honda if they can keep increasing their sales as it's a fantastic truck. It probably deserves to be selling at 2 or 3 times that rate but that's another discussion all together.

#14 ·
So if we were to make some simple math at 60K the Ridgeline could be a solid and solid number 3, not bad considering how poorly it performed in the past. However I don't think that the past is really indicative of the current market conditions. People are driving more and more SUV and CUV, mid size trucks are definitely in.

#15 ·
Unsure if you've seen this thread, 2016 record production year at Lincoln Honda plant, but deducting US and Canada Sales, approximately 8303 Ridgeline's sit unsold between all dealer lots, so about 2 months of production.

Amazing that so many people are having such a hard time finding them.

#16 ·
I think it has a lot to do with product or production mix. The sunbelt states like Florida, Texas, California where starved of upper models and AWD models. We all also know that the upper models had the desirable sunroof and sliding rear window. It may not account for all of the 8k or so models on hand but I know in Florida or South Florida it made a difference. Every dealer down here did not have an E, BE or AWD anything on the lot at all or but a few days if that.

#17 ·
Central PA dealers have not had any advertised red E's for months now. See some of the grays and black but still not that many. Really disappointed with lack of availability here.

#18 ·
Interesting numbers with the Tacoma. I've read on here & Tacoma Word the displeasure & issues with the new Tacoma yet it is easily out selling last year's model.

With Tacoma sales approaching 200K l don't understand why Honda is content with 40K to 50K sales for the Ridgeline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.