Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I began watching the Ridgeline with interest when the redesign was announced. I think that conceptually, it is a very interesting little truck! I easily saw myself in one and I'm sure I could have made it fit our lifestyle... One of my concerns was/is the height of the bed. We haul a pile of stuff in our Airstreaming and some of it is tall enough that getting it under the tonneau was likely to be questionable.

Anyway, I became frustrated by the lack of information about the new Ridgeline and eventually began searching for different options.

I decided early on that I didn't want another Ford F-150. The GM trucks left me a little cold styling wise and I never really considered Toyota...
That left Ram. I once owned a Dodge Dakota in our business that I hated but that was a long time ago...

Anyway after researching, driving and considering the entire Ram line, I acted and came home with this... I now have all the towing capacity and load capacity we will ever need! And it is a Cummins...and it has the RamBox's and it has the rear air suspension...

It could not be more different than the Ridgeline but well... This is how it worked out and it is Awesome!

Attachments

Reactions: rigar-x

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
I want to see the garage you park that bad boy in!

· Registered
1,317 Posts
I got one too.
You'll get the same gas milage as the old ridgeline if not better if you're easy on it.

· Registered
971 Posts
Wow Bruce! have to admit I'm a bit surprised you did sound like you had quite of bit of RL passion. I think the conversation about the towing capability maybe set some doubt?

In the end you made a logical decision based on your needs only. I think you are a "real" example of why RL will be a good little niche offering for some. Brings excitement but when it comes down to business it just comes up a little short. Like you this lies my frustration with Honda group, such secrecy in their ways it drives people crazy. Its the truck that most people want in theory even some loyal closet full size owners but they made it ok safe with strict limitations that if forces one to think otherwise.

Congratulations it looks great!

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,925 Posts
I like the RAM, also, but wish it still had a 12v engine option. You probably give up 150hp or so, but would get an extra 5mpg (do you really need 700ft-lb torque when 400 will do?). And I'd have to park it in the street. :(

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's like looking at a dingy (Ridgeline) and buying a cruise ship instead... Sounds like you were looking at the wrong vehicle initially..
That's spot on! Thanks for the analogy...made me laugh!

Like I said though, I could have made the Ridgeline work... Just like I will make my Ram work. Different sides of a big fat coin!

· Registered
2,938 Posts
I'm not really a fan of the Gen 2 RIdgeline, and looking around I would have to say my next truck will be a Ram preferably a Rebel but I may look into a 1500 with the new eco diesel. My nephew just bought a 1500 with the Hemi and loves it, I drove it a couple of weeks ago and the ride is much better than the RL's gas mileage according to my nephew is about the same and it is fast. It's really a nice truck. Oh yea, and Speed it will fit in my garage.lol

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
Yay! I love garages. Especially big ones. ;)

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a shot of our new truck and Airstream after the first 400 mile tow. Life is good!

Attachments

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Quick question why when you click on a Recent Discussions it puts you in the first post years ago. I think it should be opposite, go to the last post not the first from years ago. What am I doin wrong, quick answer then carry on. Edit: Very nice pic Bruce.
Doesn't do that for me Northern. Maybe it's something in your preferences?

When you are reading a thread like this, do you see most recent posts at the top of the page or at the bottom of the page?

· Registered
2,264 Posts
That's like looking at a dingy (Ridgeline) and buying a cruise battleship instead... Sounds like you were looking at the wrong vehicle initially..
fify
edit dam, cannot put a line through cruise. if I could, it would be funny. now it is just a typo. :|

Mod note: That's because you need to use the "[" symbol instead of the "<" symbol!
FTFY.

:grin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.