Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...And worked on getting this beauty ready for Spring.

It's sad to admit but I had big plans this past Winter for the Buick. This was my first year of owning the Ridgeline and the first year I went all Winter without doing restoration work on the car.

The car runs like a dream, I even get ~20mpg (93 Oct). I can't wait to show it this Summer.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Let the guessing game begin. I'll open with a 71 Gran Sport? Less the bright color, it looks very close to my 69 Lemans.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good guess!.....Close

You don't know how many times I hear, Nice Chevelle!

It is a 72 Buick Gran Sport, the last year it was made.

There are very very few differences between the two (71 and 72). I think the fact that I removed the bumperettes off the front bumper makes it harder to differentiate since 71 didn't have them as an option.

The only differences I know of are the hood grills (nostrils) on the 71 have chrome accents where as the 72 is just all ABS plastic. The 71 also has a different paint scheme for the grill with more silver in it to go along with the hood grills.

And if you want to get picky, the rear tail lights on the 71 has 6 screws where as the the 72 has 4.

Also the big one that most ppl get is the front bumper on the 71, though identical to the 72, does not have a rubber bump strip on it, it's just all chrome. If you look closely you can see the mounting holes for mine. I'm too cheap right now to drop 100 dollars for a replica half inch piece of rubber that is 6 feet long. (I'll get it some day)..... NOS is over $400.

Thanks for the interest, I love this car, I get so much joy from working on it and cruising in it.

The A-Body Le'Mans of this year is almost identical to my GS... The only things that were changed were the bumpers and the hood/grill.

You should post up a picture, I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
...And worked on getting this beauty ready for Spring.

It's sad to admit but I had big plans this past Winter for the Buick. This was my first year of owning the Ridgeline and the first year I went all Winter without doing restoration work on the car.

The car runs like a dream, I even get ~20mpg (93 Oct). I can't wait to show it this Summer.
Is there a picture in your post? It is not showing up .

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
"You should post up a picture, I'd like to see it."

I owned it when it was new, meaning pre digital cameras. I sold it one year later when transferred overseas - and got more for it than I paid. How you may ask? Well its somewhat related to how I basically knew your Buick. My father owned the Buick & Pontiac dealership. Using him I bought cars cheap and resold high. I could be wrong but I think I gave $1800 for it, sold it at $19-2000?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very nice. Love the style. I can see the picture from my home computer. May have been the filters on work network.
Is the color an orange or red?
My dream muscle car is 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, carousel red, 400 Ram Air IV automatic.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the factory Flame Orange color that is common with GM's of that year. I believe the Monte Carlo's also came out with the same color that year.

Wrascal, did you sell the car overseas? I remember hearing stories when I was in the service of guys trading a $50,000 Corvette for a $70,000 Porsche in Germany .... and it was considered an even trade.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Wrascal, did you sell the car overseas?

No, I returned them to my father for resale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts