Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am currently deciding on either a Passport or Ridgeline Black Edition. What are the best features and worst of the Ridgeline you have experienced? Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
315 Posts
Best, ride and comfort. Worst, ground clearance. For what I understand it's somewhat the other way around with the Passport.

·
Registered
2020 BE
63 Posts
I have a 2020 BE and the ONLY complaint I have so far is the soft brakes. They stop well but I much prefer a firm/responsive pedal like we have in out 21 TLX Aspec. That is my only gripe so far.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I drove a brand new Passport as a loaner right after I got my Ridgeline--had to order a new tire. Anyhoo...it is very, very similar, but IMO the ride in the Ridgeline is superior. I attribute it to a longer wheelbase and more weight. The Ridgeline also seemed peppier, thought that might have been my imagination.

The Passport has an upgraded infotainment system which honestly did not seem really better to me...just complicated in a different way LOL.

In any event, I think the Passport is a good option if you haul people more than stuff or need an enclosed bed. I use my bed for everything from hauling furniture to fallen tree limbs to bicycles, so I appreciate the bed of the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2020 BE and the ONLY complaint I have so far is the soft brakes. They stop well but I much prefer a firm/responsive pedal like we have in out 21 TLX Aspec. That is my only gripe so far.
I had an Accord loaner for the past month. When I got my Ridgeline back I almost crashed it immediately because of the soft brakes.

·
Registered
'21 RTL-E MSM
36 Posts
Another advantage to the ridge if you have any valuables.....you have a locking trunk and tailgate.This makes it a lot of work for a thief to break in to see IF you have anything worth stealing.A van,suv pretty much leaves things in the open.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Ridgeline with HPV Package in Pearl White
2,071 Posts
Hi All,
I am currently deciding on either a Passport or Ridgeline Black Edition. What are the best features and worst of the Ridgeline you have experienced? Thanks for any help you can give me.
That is almost apples to oranges comparison.
SUV when hauling people more than stuff.
Truck when hauling stuff more than people.

That is my rule of thumb, which is why I had SUVs when my children were young. Now I haul stuff more than people hence the truck.

·
Registered
2020 RTL Pacific Pewter
39 Posts
I have a 2020 RTL, Wife has a 2021 Passport Touring. Most of what people are saying in the thread has been my experience as well:
  1. Passport has more responsive brakes
  2. RL has more responsive gas pedal
  3. Passport has electric folding mirrors
  4. Passport has a more premium feeling steering wheel (non heated, both leather, subjective)
  5. RL has a slight advantage for long distance drives. Have driven both to visit her relatives, 800 miles each way. Body wasn't as fatigued when stopping for gas in the RL, but again subjective.
  6. Infotainment dated on both, but not as dated on the Passport. OTA updates and ability to pay for an ATT plan to make the vehicle a wireless hotspot.
  7. Bed trunk is much deeper on the RL than the Passport version which seems like an afterthought.
  8. RL has the physical dial spedometer/tach while the Passport has a digital version. Prefer the dials, but subjective.
  9. RL can tow 5k standard, Passport required a hitch and transmission cooler install for the same towing capability
  10. RL has the buttons for homelink near the moonroof switch, Passport has it on the rear view mirror and I always knock it out of place opening the garage doors. Have put the visor opener back in the Passport since it annoyed the hell outta me.
That's about all I can think of off the top of my head, but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts