Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will we have it in here or elsewhere?

Since it'll be more traditional in design I'm thinking we'll get more love in the aftermarket world? !

Hopefully I'm not being delusional.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mods on my 2017 are done after long hours and hard work. It was not an easy task putting that motor and tranny in my 2011. In hind-site I should have put my 2011 body on the 2017 it would have been less work.
P.S. I have a 2017 ridgeline for sale only 120k miles on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Husky , please please please make a set of X-act fit mats for it. Other than that I honestly think I'd like a bed-rug. Now that I'm not in my 20s ! I have been very thankful for my current bed-rug as I move around the bed on my knees loading and sliding stuff.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Getting aftermarket company's to make accessories for the G2 ridgeline should be very interesting. Sure tonneau covers and bed caps will be plentiful due to the common bed shape but anything more will be a while coming. It seems there is some kind of resistance because a, not a real truck stigma exists.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Getting aftermarket company's to make accessories for the G2 ridgeline should be very interesting. Sure tonneau covers and bed caps will be plentiful due to the common bed shape but anything more will be a while coming. It seems there is some kind of resistance because a, not a real truck stigma exists.
I believe the real issue for aftermarket manufacturers is sales--or to be more specific--the lack of sales due to low production numbers and the fact that not many RL owners have modded their trucks. If there's no market for something, why spend the time to develop & produce it?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I believe the real issue for aftermarket manufacturers is sales--or to be more specific--the lack of sales due to low production numbers and the fact that not many RL owners have modded their trucks. If there's no market for something, why spend the time to develop & produce it?
Exactly. The more Honda sells, the more aftermarket support it will get. It has nothing to do with anything else except sales numbers.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Plus the older crowd really isn't into moding vehicles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We should have plenty of accessories for the front half of the truck then lol. Ridgeline, Pilot ,Odyssey. *cough cough* Husky.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Exactly. The more Honda sells, the more aftermarket support it will get. It has nothing to do with anything else except sales numbers.
And this is exactly why gen 2 will have the same lack luster support from the aftermarket as gen 1 did. Unit Honda decides to get serious and support this truck and get production and sales numbers into the hundreds of thousand per year the aftermarket will continue to be slim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts