Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to add USB and Bluetooth streaming to the Ridge for quite some time now but with little feedback on certain kits, I was reluctant to pull the trigger. Especially for the Grom unit since it is a bit pricey. They have a new HD FM tuner so that kinda persuaded me to pull the trigger. Install was pretty straight forward,just remove the back seat to gain access to the XM tuner.Pretty much plug n play. I use the Factory bluetooth for phone calls and Grom Bluetooth for streaming pandora. I have XM1 set to HD radio and XM2 set for Bluetooth streaming.Press XM again and USB is selected.pretty simple. All the texts are in the appropriate fields. Sound was much better than expected, especially on HD radio. The only issue I am working on right now is when playing a USB i can't figure out how to change folders. I can skip tracks on the first folder,but thats it. I can't get out of the first folder. I have all the latest updates. I emailed GROM,will figure it out hopefully.Anyways,just wanted to put this out there so anyone else on the fence can make an educated purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This looks like an excellent way to get good sound with the factory head unit.

Prior to the GROM unit, were you using an ipod/iphone/android via the factory AUX cable to play music?

I see you've got a pretty well 'built' system based on your signature, and you noted a noticeable increase in sound quality after installing the USB3. I'm in a similar boat - I've upgraded all the speakers, which are running off of JL 900/5. But I'm playing music off my HTC One M8 using the factory AUX input. I'm really feeling like this is the bottle neck in my system.

If I were to get the USB3, I should be able to play Spotify from my HTC via the micro USB port?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This looks like an excellent way to get good sound with the factory head unit.

Prior to the GROM unit, were you using an ipod/iphone/android via the factory AUX cable to play music?

I see you've got a pretty well 'built' system based on your signature, and you noted a noticeable increase in sound quality after installing the USB3. I'm in a similar boat - I've upgraded all the speakers, which are running off of JL 900/5. But I'm playing music off my HTC One M8 using the factory AUX input. I'm really feeling like this is the bottle neck in my system.

If I were to get the USB3, I should be able to play Spotify from my HTC via the micro USB port?
Yea,thats right,using AUX for audio,just hated the wiring. You should be good to go with your setup. The HD Radio I don't recommend at this time though. It sounds excellent when the vehicle is not moving,but as soon as I start driving,it cuts in and out,very annoying. Working with Grom at the moment but may return. USB and bluetooth work well though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Please keep us updated on the HD radio. This is a feature that I want to know it going to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, your quick and easy explanation inspired me--I bought the groom unit and pulled out the rear seat this afternoon hoping for a quick easy job of it, but alas, I seem to have hit a stopping point. Do you (or anyone) know if there are different XM modules? Mine doesn't appear to have an "extra" plug to use for the Grim. Harness appears to fit inline, but thought I'd ask before buttoning everything back up!

2013 RTL, no Nav.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts