Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Delivery time

3516 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Siffleu
To any of you that have ordered a RL or bought off a dealers incoming plan, how long did it take for it to arrive after the build date? I am sure it varies with location, but just curious. Ours was built yesterday, but the dealer thinks it will be another month before it shows up. Seems like a long time. Dealer is in the Minneapolis area.

Thanks
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Just got an email with a delivery date in Northern NY for a RTL-T that was built last Monday, so around three weeks!
Mine was 7-10 days. Just got it last Thursday.
If I remember correctly, mine was about three weeks. I took delivery on June 20. At the last minute Honda announced that there would be no Ridgelines until the 21st. That caused me to wait three or four extra days. I've heard of people waiting as long as six weeks in your position. It just seems the truck takes a very slow route to arriving at the dealership. Sort of at the end of the line kind of thing. I think it makes a big difference whether you're in a rural area or urban area.
If I remember correctly, mine was about three weeks. I took delivery on June 20. At the last minute Honda announced that there would be no Ridgelines until the 21st. That caused me to wait three or four extra days. I've heard of people waiting as long as six weeks in your position. It just seems the truck takes a very slow route to arriving at the dealership. Sort of at the end of the line kind of thing. I think it makes a big difference whether you're in a rural area or urban area.
I guess I will not get my hopes up for a while. We live in a very rural area, but we bought in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro just because we thought just what you suggested. Plus I am not a fan of our nearest dealer whom we bought a used vehicle from a few years ago. Oh well, just before the snow flies please.
I am also in a similar delivery time frame. A couple of weeks ago I was at my dealer getting my 2006 Accord services which my wife still loves and we are still keeping since it is only around 90K miles and I was able to flag down my sales guy after he was finishing up with another customer. He showed my the schedule they had for my RL and it was scheduled to be built between 09/14-09/18 and should arrive within 30 days afterward.

I live in the OKC area but 30 days seems to be the norm for everyone no matter where you live if you were able to request a specific RL from the factory after it's built. Hope it's as trouble-free as my Accord has been.
I've had my deposit on an RTL-E since mid July. The dealer was finally able to get what I wanted in their late August allocation, and I was given a build date in mid-late October with a 3-4 week delivery window after that. Originally I was told I would have my truck in September, then October, and now November. I feel like I'm getting a little closer now that I have some actual dates, but still anxiously waiting!
My sticker said 06/'16 .. took delivery 1st of August.
Didn't they used to also show the specific built date ?? ( don't buy a vehicle built on a Friday or a Monday ? ) >:):grin:

Ordered 1st week of July...got it by chance of a dealer allotment ( being in the right place at the right time ;) )
I gave my dealer (Ft. Worth, Texas) my deposit on 9-24-2016, the inventory lady said that my RTL-T AWD was to be built somewhere around Oct. 20th to the end of the month, then 2-3 weeks from then to arrive at the dealer. This is a large dealer and they told me that they would only get 3 RTL-T AWD and 2 RTL-E's by the end of the year, I think for a dealer as large as they are, that sure isn't many. Other small dealer in the metroplex said they were only allotted one more of each by the end of the year, what is Honda thinking. I guess I'm somewhat lucky to get on one at a good price and time is not important, but you know when you order something you want it yesterday. I hope this makes my 2008 more valuable, do you think the person who is wanting my 2008 can wait, I think so, he has a Ridgeline already, just wants mine with low mileage, 51,000.

trainman
Dealer gave us a build date of 10/15 - 10/19. I got a call yesterday saying the truck was at the dealer and will be picking it up on Tuesday.
Reactions: 2
Was in to the dealer yesterday (to get them to check out a defective parking sensor - and order one) and they had one RTL on the lot that was apparently owned by Honda and restricted to test drives for the next three months. No other inventory and the sales guy said I was lucky to happen on my RTL-E when I did as they are all selling well before production.
The new G2 Touring in blue will be mine on November 17th! It arrived at the dealer today and is going through PDI.

That said I ordered it on September 17th. At that time there were none in that colour available in Ontario and five were on a rail car coming to Ontario. Three of those were already sold. Apparently the dealer could not his hands on one of the other two.

If I had settled for a BE (I have already had too many black vehicles) I would have had it the next day.

In early August when the G2 was released in Canada the dealer told me that they were only allocated 15 units for the remainder of 2016 and 2 of those had been sold sight unseen.

I will miss aspects of my 2009 G1 EX-L. It has been a faithful low maintenance companion for over 200,000 km
ordered my canadian sport in august and still not received :(
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.