Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are picture of my interior. The Dash kit is from Burtman Industries. Jason was a great help in selecting the right dash kit for my Ridgeline. Installation was simple to do, just take your time in cleaning and apply the material.

Thanks Jason, for the new looking interior.

Snapshot. :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
That looks fantastic! I saw the first post with the lighter color wood and wondered how the dark wood looks.

Did you install it yourself? How long? And, if you don't mind how much $$?

Thanks for the post!

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Very classy indeed!! I also see in your photos, you have a dashboard cover on top. Is this a Honda Parts Dept. item or is it aftermarket?. Oh, and where can I get one? Thank you very much for posting these really nice improvements. :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice. It is nice to see another member of the wood dash conversion club.

Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wood grain is synthetic wood called English Burlwood.

I install it myself, and it took about 2 hours. Since you need to clean the area with alcohol then swap on a Adhesive in the area you are going to place the pieces.

The Cost of the Deluxe Kit was about $275.00 with shipping

The Dash Cover is aftermarket product about $47.00

Snapshot

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Snapshot said:
The Dash Cover is aftermarket product about $47.00
Snapshot
Where did you get the dash cover? Does it have a break away for the air bag?

We were just advised not to put a dash cover or seat covers on the front seats because it would impede the deployment of the airbags or send projectiles flying.

I really want a dash cover to reduce window glare and protect the dash from the sun.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Snapshot said:
These are picture of my interior. The Dash kit is from Burtman Industries. Jason was a great help in selecting the right dash kit for my Ridgeline. Installation was simple to do, just take your time in cleaning and apply the material.

The wood looks good!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Truckin

the dash cover is just attach with velco square (1/2" x 1/2"). If you look at the third picture you will see the velco.

Snapshot

·
Registered
43 Posts
That looks great. Does anyone know what damage will be done to the plastic? For example, if you want to remove the wood in a year, could you?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From the instruction there is a warning with the Adhesive Promotor (3M product)

The adhesive promoter is highly corrosive and will permanently dis-color any part in the vehicle that it comes in contact with.

·
Banned
2,024 Posts
Snapshot said:

Great job on the install!

Yes, I'm still going to be running these kits ON SALE. Snapshot went with with the "larger" kit with more pieces. There is a smaller kit as well.

You don't have to use the "promotor" but it ensures the best stickyness. You can get away without using it if you want to remove it later.

I sold kits to many people with lease vehicles and most of them end up getting more $$$ back from the dealer once they "see" this kit!

For those interested in still getting special prices, email me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this same dash kit. There was great customer service with Jason. Only thing I didn't like about the dash was that the main piece didn't curve over the dash like the OEM Honda "steel" dash. And my navigation piece did not fit either. I tried to dry fit it numerous times and it was too tight. The Zoom button didn't fit through. It looks like in this guy's photo's he was able to make his work though. I am overall pleased with this addition. It makes the interior much less "BLAH".

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got the Black Burlwood just like the one in my 02 TL-S that came from the factory. I am really bad at posting pics but I will try to get them on. :)

Thanks Jason.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I like the look of these dash trim kits and have considered adding one. If you have one, do you ever get a reflection of the pieces on the windshield? I would be especially interested from the passenger's position.

I am a fanatic about keeping a clean windshield and getting the bug guts off when we're driving someplace scenic. I just put a dash mat in to eliminate glare and images that would interfere with my photography hobby. It would be stupid to add something that would shine and get in my photos that I take through the windshield.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Truckin'

I have the dask kit installed, there is not reflection from the dash kit to the front windshield. The dash kit is not a wrap around like the metal trim kit that Honda is selling. It only a surface kit.

if you need picture, I will take some for you with the sun roof open and closed. So you can see if there is any glare.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts