Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shown below is the VIN number designation for the Honda Ridgeline. An important note for U.S. & CDN owners is the variance on the first digit of the serial number following the factory code "H-Alliston,Ontario.

U.S.-spec model serial numbers start with the number "5" where the CDN-spec models start with the number "0". This is important to follow whenever looking up a TSB or recall for your specific vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If any of the members have other brands of vehicles at home, check their VIN as well. Usually, the very first digit signifies the country of manufacture such as: U.S.(1), Canada (2), Mexico (3), Japan (J) & Great Britain (S) for the Civic SIR.:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is there somewhere that tells me the last model built for a given year? Reason, I have a 2019 BE that says it was built in November 2019. I saw another guy whos BE is a 2020 and was also built November 2019. Just wondering maybe I got the last one built for 2019? Not likely, but interesting to me.

·
Administrator
13,701 Posts
Is there somewhere that tells me the last model built for a given year? Reason, I have a 2019 BE that says it was built in November 2019. I saw another guy whos BE is a 2020 and was also built November 2019. Just wondering maybe I got the last one built for 2019? Not likely, but interesting to me.
Only Honda knows that.

Also, production of two different model years typically overlaps by 2-4 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,009 Posts
10 years, 5 months, 27 days or
3832 days
Nice Thread Revival!!!

·
Administrator
13,701 Posts
On that subject, I recently stumbled across my old online journal. Every entry I ever made beginning nearly 20 years ago is still there. Ahhh. Memories!

I can also search former user names and email addresses on Google and find posts I made in Usenet newsgroups (ancestors of forums like the Ridgeline Owners Club) a quarter of a century ago - forever frozen in a series of zeroes and ones until the end of time.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,009 Posts
I have about 1000 days less until retirement....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts