Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Thanks guys, I used Nu Finish. It says it contains no wax for what its worth and thats my concern. I'm just going to go for it and wax it, I have the time and wax from the last application last fall. The bug guts come off much easier anyway.
That's an interesting product. Here's some info... apparently it DOES have some protective qualities (not really a true "polish" only). As I said, the market can be confusing.

http://www.best-auto-detailing-tips.com/nu-finish.html

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
Thanks guys, I used Nu Finish. It says it contains no wax for what its worth and thats my concern. I'm just going to go for it and wax it, I have the time and wax from the last application last fall. The bug guts come off much easier anyway.
I have a friend who uses that, I swear he must have bought a case, he's been using it on all his vehicles and his boat for years.

I believe it would be a early version of a non wax sealant?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Thanks guys, the stuff was cheap that was one of my biggest worries and why I thought Id ask, to lazy to look into it and thought Id ask here and get much better info.. You know how it goes, pay for what you get. It did turn out very nice thou.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I have a friend who uses that, I swear he must have bought a case, he's been using it on all his vehicles and his boat for years.

I believe it would be a early version of a non wax sealant?
Yup, that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I used this stuff also years ago (just trying different products). Worked fine... I had no complaints.... just couldn't ever figure quite how it fit with the "other" products I toyed with (polish, wax, etc.).

If you like it & it works, that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took Suke's advice and invested in some products from the Adam's Polishes line and so far I've been very pleased with the results. I've now clayed my truck, then used the buttery wax, and then the brilliant glaze. If I'm reading the recent posts correctly I used the wax and the glaze in the wrong order but the truck still looks great. I bought it new in January of 2014 and I just passed the 12K mile mark so I guess it qualifies as a garage queen but I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off so I'm doing my best to take care of it so it lasts. Thanks again to Suke and to all the others for offering their advice and posting their experiences with different products. I've found it very helpful. PS - now that I've seen the attached pictures in a larger size I realize how much reflection from trees and other objects, but at least you get an idea of the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have discovered how ZZ Top's Eliminator always looks good.

This is all you need to know about detailing.

You're welcome.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts