Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having put almost 80,000 miles on his 2011 600 HP CTS-V Coupe, (not one cent out of pocket), my brother has one of these ordered. Pretty impressive if you can find the time to watch it

The 80K mile V car saw 3-4 all day track sessions and multiple cross country trips. A luxury rocket! The 2016 CTS-V goes to 640 HP with the big 8, but only comes in a sedan. My brother wants a coupe. The numbers aren't much different. In fact, the ATS-V coupe is being touted as a better track car. 0-60 in 3.7/8 second range. I believe the 3.6L in the ATS-V is based on the same engine architecture as the Colorado...or our Impala, but completely reworked

I should add that my brother is coming from two very successful stints with Infinitis (FX35 and G37X Coupe). He liked those cars a lot, but the V Caddy is a whole other level. No comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH7-iZTHyb4&app=desktop

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
I just saw a review on that ATS-V, and I think it's either Turbo or Supercharged and was faster than the V8. I've got a co-worker with a CTS and she has the ATS while the CTS was in the shop for software update and a door issue and she really liked the ATS, wished it was out when she got the CTS. I've driven it a few times to lunch and it is really a nice car

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suspect your brother will miss that extra 140hp from the V8. But I might be wrong.
We'll see. Maybe. Stock to stock it's 176 HP less, but it's 650 pounds lighter. In most usable areas of the power curve, I suspect he'll notice very little difference. Because there is no replacement for displacement, I would guess a standing run from 60-100 and on up would be where the difference was noticed. ...not an area that will get dipped into very often. ...at least not 100 up :) It will be interesting to see the test numbers when they come out for both cars.

I just saw a review on that ATS-V, and I think it's either Turbo or Supercharged and was faster than the V8. I've got a co-worker with a CTS and she has the ATS while the CTS was in the shop for software update and a door issue and she really liked the ATS, wished it was not out when she got the CTS. I've driven it a few times to lunch and it is really a nice car

ATS-V is twin turbos...The CTS-V is supercharged. The ATS-V Coupe is more track oriented and nimble.

http://jalopnik.com/2016-cadillac-ats-v-a-464-hp-hurricane-for-the-track-a-1699626251

My brother's car will be white/black wheels/gold calipers/and the brown inserts on the Recaro seats. Production is supposed to start this month.

Caddy started the V series in 2004 with a sedan and a 400HP Corvette engine. I had a friend in Detroit who got one of the very first production ones off the line back then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts