Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cannot Raise Windshield Wipers

Has anyone noticed (or am I missing something) that you cannot raise the windshield wipers to wash the windshield because the hood is in the way? Raise the hood and you can raise the drivers side but not the passenger side.

L

·
0 Posts
dfunston said:
Has anyone noticed (or am I missing something) that you cannot raise the windshield wipers to wash the windshield because the hood is in the way? Raise the hood and you can raise the drivers side but not the passenger side.
Yeah...annoying flaw isn't it!! :rolleyes:
Hey this is your first post.
Welcome to the ROC family. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yup...I noticed. You just have to turn the winshield wipers on and then shut off the ignition when the wipers are at 90 degrees. :D

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
430 Posts
A pain.......yes, but I LOVE the clean look of not seeing the wipers or wiper fluid nozzles from the front. :D

L

·
0 Posts
strider said:
I noticed that too. It'll really be a pain when you have to clear snow off.
Nope.. You don't have to clean the snow off. It cleans itself with the heated windshield and when it really piles up, the wipers are not a problem. I had 2 months of Ohio snowbelt winter with mine and no problems come to mind. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
ladyridge said:
Nope.. You don't have to clean the snow off. It cleans itself with the heated windshield and when it really piles up, the wipers are not a problem. I had 2 months of Ohio snowbelt winter with mine and no problems come to mind. :D

Sounds good. I hope we have a dry winter here in CT and I don't have to deal with snow at all! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
dfunston said:

Look at the bright side. Your one of very few vehicles (if any) that have Heaters for your windshield wipers. That's right, see those Burner looking things on your shield? Those keep your blades nice and toasty. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Few is true, but they aren't uncommon really, the Subaru Forester I traded in for the Ridgeline had headed wipers, in the northeast they really aren't as great as they sound, although they do help a little. I need an entire window with heating elements in it to completely clear the window down to the level the wipers are on.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Lingered_I said:
My last truck had that, and it's really effective. The snow and ice just slides off after a couple of minutes. The downside? $800 if you crack the screen.
You had this on the front window? I mean you see this in rear windows all the time but the wires are visible. I don't think I have ever seen it in front windows. The advantage in MA is that we have total glass replacement insurance at $0 deductible. But the pain would be the hookups. I had my antenna in the rear driverside window on the Forester and I always worried about that ever getting broken out, and when the window in my Civic was popped out by a stupid neighbor I was happy the Civic was at the back of the driveway that day instead of the Forester mostly because of that window.

Anyway, I am really curious about this front window defroster, the normal air blown defrost doesn't really cut it on some icey snowy days up here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts