Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
~~~~~~~~~>:)

All locked down tight for the next 3 days no touching ( kinda like tinting :grin:)

Tailgate fit snug (FYI), as expected :smile: due to mushing down on the rubber seals :wink:

/ B4 "lock-down"...steps to set rubber liner...

/ Have weights or another person put weight on front corners evenly..lock.

/ Close tailgate 1st...now do the same to the back piece ( weight distribution evenly ...lock)

***Just on that note about tailgate snugness & steps in order..for future reference...You would need to twist/unlock the rear plate 1st...before you proceed to release/swing the tailgate. ( reverse order..etc.)..because you don't want to tear the rear rubber liner*** :wink: :nerd:

leave it alone for the next 3 days.. :nerd: :grin:

colder weather up here...might takes longer.:surprise:

Attachments

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You know that gap that is on either side at the FRONT of the bed ?? rubber seals liner does sink into it when locked down but at lower pressure than the solid flat area...No leaks..BUT...I can also add a "cut to size length/width" rubber 1 side tape to seal that gap. ( no need..but I can help prevents )
Every brand have their flaws...It's how you approach it making IT works for your needs. >:):grin:

:wink:

1st pic. ( front panel is unlocked & liner is uncompressed..center bar is only hand tighten at this point...adjusting corners & sides..not easy as you get a bit eyesight illusion due to diamond patterns.( see note/post about my right front corner :nerd:)

***keep that in mind as the diamond patterns and rubber liners sticking out at certain points WILL make you misjudge the true line ups...etc.***

...cardboard is there to prevent scratches )

2nd pic. ( just to give an idea about the diameter of the seals rubber/liner/tube ) :grin:

3rd pic. ( ignore the spare :grin:..meant to show the 2 gaps on each side of the front of bed..(created by the plastic trims...sorta like square grooves/channels )...also in 1st pic.

4th & 5th pics ( showing how the generous size liner/tubing compressed after locked..as mentioned above in underlined ( use of filling DIY should further improves...but not necessary.)

Attachments

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
LMAO !!. :grin:

My front right corner...due to the pattern and folding crease happened by luck ...it is a little pointier than the left side... but not enough to scratch the front bed shiny glass trim/frame.

it IS a touch closer to the trim when compared to the left side...but since the front panel operation when lifted is up and away towards the rear...it does not cause any rub/scratch, except being a touch pointier.>:)

<MacGyver cap> ON...>:)

Maybe a pin punch & a hammer will match it up ! :nerd: :grin:

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
Love it. Thanks for the thorough post and extensive pics! I'm 95% sure this is the cover for me. I have a black rtl-E and my only mild hesitation is how it will look with the chrome trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Alignments POV !! >:)

Tried the best I could...as this part is the most time consuming ( slight OCD does not help with the situation ! >:) )...The diamond pattern & pieces of rubber tubing will play tricks on your eyes when trying to aligned...need to carefully judged by the "real" outer edges.

Like most tonneau products...front of bed are always wider than tailgate end...like -->> \ /

it's as good as it going to get...if you have to look hard to point out non matching...then I'm satisfy with the final tightening. :grin: :laugh:
~~~~~

Attachments

· Registered
646 Posts
Thank you. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on the tonneau cover decision, but it now seems like the Diamondback is the obvious choice. Seems worth the extra money. I hope I feel the same when I wake up tomorrow. I need to be done with this shopping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.