Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. While detailing my Ridge the other day I noticed a couple of tiny white scratches on the paint. Thought I'd be smart and use a little Turtle Wax rubbing compound to buff them out . . . scratches still visible . . . got frustrated and rubbed very hard with a back and forth motion with my finger. I now seem to have clear-coat damage. I've tried numerous fixes all to no avail. Anyone with a solution?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have heard that the Scratch Doctor by Nufinish works wonders. I just bought a bottle of that as well the Nufinsh car wax. Heard great things about both. Have not tried either one yet, but someone recommended the wax here in a post. But whatever you do, don't ever use the new turtle wax with some new polemer or whatever. I used that three weekends ago, and I have been wiping spots off my truck till now. White, scratchy spot keep appearing from nowhere!! I finally took my Ridge thru the car wash, and it seemed to get rid of those mysterious appearing haze!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Please make certain to post-back here, with another pic, assuming you find a solution.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the scratches and rub marks removed! Can't take a picture 'cause there's nothing to show. I decided to stop by a local body shop that I'd done business with twice, about 3 and 4 years ago, thinking he might have some advice. Well, he went one better, he fixed it good as new. He brought out a polisher and proceeded to buff it out using a couple of different compounds. NO CHARGE!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Glad you're beautiful/perfect again. Once again, the pros knows.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too had some scrathes like Kootenayridge. Not sure how or where they came from based on their location. I stopped at Advanced Auto Parts and after they looked at the scratches, they recommended McGuire's Scratch Remover. It comes in a tube similar to some toothpaste. I tried it last night and although the scratches are still there, they are less visible. It also did a great job on removing minor scratches along the rear tailgate lip. It's about $8.50 a tube but the nice thing is that it claims that it won't leave more scratches on your finish then when you started like some compounds will.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I posted elsewhere about NuFinish Scratch Doctor. It does an excellent job.
I have been very pleased with the outcome. By the way, a little bit goes a long ways. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sooo agree with paidoff! Take your truck to a professional and they will fix both what you did and the original "white scratches" so that you can't tell they were there. Best of luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts