Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clock automatically "fell back" to CST? I had to reset the clock in the Accord, but this one was the right time.

Another thing we may not have known :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hmm...interesting. I had to reset mine.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I had to reset mine to EST. No nav.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Mine adjusted automatically as well. I have the navi and the XM radio. I don't know if either one of those makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
zero said:
Mine adjusted automatically as well. I have the navi and the XM radio. I don't know if either one of those makes a difference.
I reckon this is limited to those with nav since GPS is based on time and it gets the current time from the satellites.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
There is no way possible for the clock on the radio to reset itself. That is because it must receive a signal and the only signals it can receive (while off) are sat radio and navigation. Those without sat radio service and/or the navigator) must reset manually.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shortspark said:
There is no way possible for the clock on the radio to reset itself. That is because it must receive a signal and the only signals it can receive (while off) are sat radio and navigation. Those without sat radio service and/or the navigator) must reset manually.

Guess it was either the GPS or the XM. My clock on my radio was the correct time without me setting it. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an RTL with XM radio...no nav. I had to set my clock manually.

So, THERE!

George

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Kellcut said:
The clock automatically "fell back" to CST? I had to reset the clock in the Accord, but this one was the right time.

Another thing we may not have known :D
Something is wrong! Mine did not fall back to Central Time! ;) :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
w/IVAN+XM, reset itself. Saved me 5 seconds...:D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Ladyridge, maybe I read it wrong but did you not say (via your vote) in the poll on this subject that you do not have XM/Navigator activated but the clock reset itself? How is this possible?

L

·
0 Posts
shortspark said:
Ladyridge, maybe I read it wrong but did you not say (via your vote) in the poll on this subject that you do not have XM/Navigator activated but the clock reset itself? How is this possible?
I know I totally botched that poll...sorry..lol :eek:
I have ivaN..he's doing great...I have XM but it is not active. I did NOT have to reset my clock.
Does that make more sense?? I just ran out of room on the lines for the poll choices.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
626 Posts
It's the GPS in the Navi that adjusts the clock based on where you are. This would happen when you drive into another time zone, too... just like your cell phone, it's S-M-R-T!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts