Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Ridgeline RTL with Navi and tow package for $32,600. Did I get a good deal on this truck? I worked up from invoice as opposed to down from msrp and I was shocked at how quick the dealer leaped at my offer, I didn't counter, I just stuck to my price and said if they don't say yes, I've got an appointment with a Honda dealer tomorrow to go buy at that price. How'd I do?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Comquat1, looks like a good price to me! I paid 31,492 without Navi and tow so for $1100 more, I would have taken that offer (especially since the Navi is really nice - in my wife's Ody :( )

·
Registered
171 Posts
So good that I don't want to respond :) . I paid 35,500 for the same. My area still has them "marked through the roof". Included in my price: carpeted floor mats and 15% of accessories and labor for life. This was just the first vehicle that I wanted NOW and didn't care about bickering :D .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No trade, it's not worth more than $2500 so I'm gonna sell it myself. Heck, even if I part it out I'd get $1500 pulling some good stuff off of it (it's a jetta glx with 193,000 miles).

It's funny, I'm a salesman for a living, and I get beat up so bad by my customers it's nice to be able to turn the tables for once. I've learned that alot of it is a poker game.

Basically my haggling went as such.

I'll order one right now for 32,000 without mentioning a tow package.
The dealer countered via email saying they'd do $32,800.

I physically showed up today knowing I could go to another honda internet dealer and get $32,600 w/o tow pack so I was prepared to walk.

I sat down with the rep and said my magic number is $32,600 with a tow package. He left, came back and said they'd do $33,000.

I said, that's ok, just so you know, I have a 9:30 a.m. appointment tomorrow with the other Honda dealer who's the same distance from my house but in the opposite direction. I said if you reconsider you have my cell phone number.

I didn't even start to get up from the chair I was sitting in and the sales guy was five feet out of his chair saying not to leave just yet. Came back one minute later and said they'd do it but won't do a dealer trade and I'll have to wait for it to come in (four weeks or so). I can live with that as that means I don't have to start making payments yet, plus I locked in 3.99% for 60 months.

I knew being Dutch would come in handy one day! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great Deal!!

Was the 3.99 from the dealer, Honda, bank, credit union, etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Credit union. 60 months is normally 4.99 but it was my birthday this month and they sent me a letter saying that they'd give me 1 point off of a new car loan plus a $25 gas card. I can't believe how the stars lined up for this one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just bought one today for the same amount here in Dallas, Tx. I think you did fine, I am really not in favor of paying anything more that 500 over invoice having worked in the car biz for too many years. The RTL with Nav is the only one there is a shortage of around here. Its allot nicer than I expected.

Itraded a fully loaded 2002 Avalanche in on it and I am really enjoyed that truck but this one is a kick also and should be a allot of fun.

My deal was invoice plus 1k plus i paid 600 for the tow and 600 for the back up camera and 1200 for the 75K honda care.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Baja said:
I just bought one today for the same amount here in Dallas, Tx. I think you did fine, I am really not in favor of paying anything more that 500 over invoice having worked in the car biz for too many years. The RTL with Nav is the only one there is a shortage of around here. Its allot nicer than I expected.

Itraded a fully loaded 2002 Avalanche in on it and I am really enjoyed that truck but this one is a kick also and should be a allot of fun.

My deal was invoice plus 1k plus i paid 600 for the tow and 600 for the back up camera and 1200 for the 75K honda care.

Welcome to the ROC. I would love to know why you moved from the Avy to the RL. Maybe you could start a new thread on it.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I am also interested in why you chose to trade your Avalanche for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the ROC !!!

I also traded an 04 Ave in ... reasons: On its 4th Recall, Transmission slipping, elec memory seats reset every week, front end noise dealer can not get rid of, $100.00 each fillup, Size in garage, wife could not drive it ( perk ),personal property on it is highway robbery, misssed the Acura Navi in the MDX, loved the Ridgeline, dealer had one in stock at the right time. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
In response to whey I traded the Avalanche wich I really liked for the RTL -Silver with Nav , roof, camera, tow package is just a matter of wanting somthing new and having that vehicle paid for. I like to trade off every 4-5 years and keep a vehicle in perfect shape that is in warranty and then trade if for new one. My favorite cars have been the 92 4 x 4 PATHFINDER that I drove to 100K and sold for 60 % of the purchase price. That was a really innovative truck for the time and the Avalanche was the only vehicle that got my exicitement up since the pathfinder. I drove a corvette, a Trans AM , a Navigator and all were duds to me untill the Avalanche came along. I am more excited about the Ridgeline than the Avalanche and I think it is the kind of Innovation that get me to do things I would not normally do,
1. Not buy american brand
2. Buy a 6 cylinder ( we have a large boat to pull) hince the Baja title.
But I could not resist and I am very glad I didnt.

I really like this truck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
comquat1 said:
I just ordered a Ridgeline RTL with Navi and tow package for $32,600. Did I get a good deal on this truck? I worked up from invoice as opposed to down from msrp and I was shocked at how quick the dealer leaped at my offer, I didn't counter, I just stuck to my price and said if they don't say yes, I've got an appointment with a Honda dealer tomorrow to go buy at that price. How'd I do?
I consider myself a decent negotiator (sales guy for 15 years) and by the looks of it, I'm not so hot. I think you did fine. I paid 35K for RTL-S in late-March. Is your quote OTD or does it not include tax?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was purchase price of the truck with no taxes or fees included. I was out the door for something like $34,750 I think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts