Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clay bar, wash wheels with Eagle One A2Z cleaner, brush-clean wheel wells, clean bed, blow dry, chamois touch up, Klasse All-in-One the entire vehicle including the side and rear windows, No Touch window treatment on the front windshield. Water-based tire dressing and Malco Showroom Shine on the wheels.

Man, it really looks great now! The Klasse really helps pop that silver!

Aloha,
Keoni

PS. The side view mirrors hold water and drip for over an hour...not sure where the water is held, in the mirror or in the base. Even the lower part of the doors keep getting wet as the doors drain.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Push your mirrors inward, and then drive the truck around the block once or twice when its wet. This should empty the trapped water in the mirrors.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Keoni, How much did you junk did you get off with the clay bar. My truck was really nasty when it was delivered to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Keoni said:
Clay bar, wash wheels with Eagle One A2Z cleaner, brush-clean wheel wells, clean bed, blow dry, chamois touch up, Klasse All-in-One the entire vehicle including the side and rear windows, No Touch window treatment on the front windshield. Water-based tire dressing and Malco Showroom Shine on the wheels.
Wow man, you went nuts. I'd love to do all that but I just don't have the energy after putting all my accessories on. Maybe when the weather gets good I'll get motivated.

Side question. Just got back from the big island recently and I swear it seemed like the cops all drove their own cars and just put a blue light on top. Is that right or am I just way off base?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha...yeah, cops are driving pretty much whatever they want here. Heck, I just saw a cop in an Infinity G35 the other day! Crazy! No Ridgeline cops yet :).

BTW, the clay bar REALLY takes off all the junk that collects on the car during shipping (little spots, brown rust fallout, etc.). It didn't take me long at all...just a few hours from beginning to end. It was totally worth it!

Just received my custom car cover yesterday--fits pretty good! Just have to figure out the water collecting in the bed thing (poke hole or what?).

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
The claybar treatment takes a lot of time but I am always amazed at how much it "soaks" up from the finish. To think that all of those minute particles could contribute to scratches as you wash your car is enough motivation for me.

Too bad my toddler and 2 month old are draining the life out of me!!

Around here most officers drive their patrol cars home. We have some "wildlife" officers that I think are affiliated with parks and recreation that get to drive Dodge Ram trucks painted silver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts