Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Different Wheel Offset for 2021?

12K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Joe T 
#1 ·
Per this article the 2021 Ridgeline has "reduced backspacing" which I assume means a different offset from previous years. Does anyone know the new dimensions?

I'm getting ready to buy a 2021 and I will be going with aftermarket wheels for summer (probably Drag DR64) and I want to make sure I get the fit right. Thanks for any information or pointers!

#4 ·
Technically, I think you mean "less positive offset." Lower positive offset = wheels poke outward more. Stock offset is +55mm (+45mm on the '21) as @longboat states just above your post. I think I read here that you can count on 10mm more offset with a 1.5" front lift (i.e. would take a 55mm offset to the equivalent of 65mm, or tucked in more than stock). Running a wheel in +30-35mm offset is probably a safe bet with a 1.5" lift, to counteract the wheels naturally getting pulled inward with the lift.

#6 ·
@flymo - Correct, which is still a very high offset. Have you looked at any other wheels besides the Drag? I'm a Vendor on here and have sold just about every brand wheel there is and there are many more options you may not know about yet. Are you planning on ever lifting or lowering? What SIZE wheels, and then we can help you out more with your questions.

If you're putting on a lift or leveling kit, would it be best to go with a more negative offset due to rubbing issues???
That would help make the wheels poke out more.

#7 ·
@flymo - Correct, which is still a very high offset. Have you looked at any other wheels besides the Drag? I'm a Vendor on here and have sold just about every brand wheel there is and there are many more options you may not know about yet. Are you planning on ever lifting or lowering? What SIZE wheels, and then we can help you out more with your questions.

That would help make the wheels poke out more.
Thanks. So based on what I've read, my +45 offset wheels should still work on previous gen 2 models with +55 offset. I obviously want to try and sell them if I'm planning on new wheels.

#14 ·
Interestingly, I could not find the info on Honda's site. (Lacking lots of info, like wheel weights). I got the info from another site ....
"The Sport trim level has 18-inch painted gray alloy wheels while the RTL gets upgraded to special machine-finished 18-inch alloys. All-season tires come on each."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.