Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 RL Sport w el cheapo radio and backup camera display. Am I the only who is blinded at night when I put it in Reverse? I mean, I can’t even see in my side view mirrors it’s like the sun is coming out of my dash!

I fish, I tow a boat, and I camp. I frequently leave camp with the boat before dawn and sometimes return in the dark. The backup camera is useless when the boat’s back there. I need to be able to see the boat in my side view mirrors to park. I’ve literally thrown a towel over the display it was so blinding. Even dialing down the dash display doesnt dial down the brightness enough.

signed
Blinded by the Light

·
Registered
324 Posts
I assume that you know there is a separate brightness setting on the cam for day and night. I've experienced a somewhat similar problem where I've needed the display to be brighter. It was displaying the "night" brightness due to a sensor (I assume). At some point I discovered that I could press the "brightness button" (top left button on radio) to cycle between day and night brightness. This same button is used to adjust the respective day and night brightness settings of the backup cam. Well, this button brings up the adjustment screen. And then you use the tuning knob to adjust. I'm not sure if you are talking about this adjustment button. Or if you are referring to the "normal" dashboard brightness adjustment buttons.

I had my night brightness set almost as bright as it can get. I just adjusted it to as dim as it can get. This setting is pretty dim. I can't see how anyone could describe this setting as the sun coming out of the dash. I feel like there must be something else going on. My best guess is that it is on the daylight setting. Or the night setting is set too bright.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly never noticed that button 17Sport. Prob cause I never thought of it until i was being blinded by the light and couldn’t see it any ways

i did notice it over weekend and turned up the daylight setting and turned down the night time setting but havent used it at night yet. Driving very infrequently these days. Thx for pointing out to me.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
112 Posts
I find that even in night/dim mode, the backup camera view is quite bright
When backing up my trailer, for which the backup camera is useless, it’s quite blinding.
I wish it could be dimmed another notchlike the display. There only seems to be one day and one night dim setting for the camera view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts