Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please give their opinion on the best way to have small door dings repaired?? I always see signs for paintless dent removal, but I have also heard horror stories of holes being drilled on the inside to push small tools through. I had thought it was done with suction cups only.

thanks for your input.

L

·
0 Posts
Hi May...
I have a ding in my tailgate that I had looked at by Dent Wizard and they said because it is creased and the paint is slightly chipped, they can't do the work even though it is only about the size of a dime. So, needless to say, I am in the search for someone GREAT to repair her hinney!! :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ladyridge is correct. if the paint is cracked or chipped, the dent guys usually can't or won't be able to repair that kind of dent. That is a job for a good body shop. However, if the dent is just a dent, they have special tools, techniques and experience that can work wonders. I have seen the results of a good dent guy and it is simply amazing. They usually very gently tap the dent back into place from the inside. There are many way to reach most any part of your vehicle from the inside. I have seen where they have had to drill a hole in an interior part of the vehicle (not the passenger compartment) to gain access. They then plug the hole with a rubber grommet or cap that looks like some of the many grommets or access caps that are factory installed all over your vehicle now. Get a referral from your dealer, especially the used car manager. If they don't know of a good dent guy, ask around at other dealers or car classic or antique clubs. Ask to have the process for your repair explained in detail before work starts.

If you have chips in the paint, the process is similar. Most dealerships have a "Chip Guy" that also runs a route to many different dealerships and touches up chips on trade-in vehicles before they get detailed for the lot. Sometimes the chip guy is the same as the dent guy.

These guys, with their experience, make it look easy. I have never been able to get their kind of quality results with a bottle of touchup paint.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I know what youre thinkin maybearidge... I was tempted too, but thank goodness that I resisted! I am going to meet Ladyridge in a couple of weeks and I am soooo afraid of what she might do to me if I went anywhere near that comment :eek: .

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah....there is a huge thread here on "white marks in the bed" that was riddled with sexual inuendos....and if I recall, Ladyridge was in on a lot of those...I just don't want to get her going again :p

L

·
0 Posts
I am a woman of mystery. That's the way I like it. :D
You might be surprised boys!!!!! ;)

L

·
0 Posts
maybearidge said:
yeah....there is a huge thread here on "white marks in the bed" that was riddled with sexual inuendos....and if I recall, Ladyridge was in on a lot of those...I just don't want to get her going again :p

Who Moi???? :p

·
Registered
460 Posts
lol.....lol.........after reading what you perves have posted i re-read ladyridge's
post and i can;t stop laughing...........lol.......... :)

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
I know what youre thinkin maybearidge... I was tempted too, but thank goodness that I resisted! I am going to meet Ladyridge in a couple of weeks and I am soooo afraid of what she might do to me if I went anywhere near that comment :eek: .
Yeah...like lock you in my trunk and disable the inside escape latch!!!!! :eek: hehehehehehe :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry to get back on topic, but I had Dent Dr. take out several dings from my Mazda b3000 and thought they did a great job. And the price was VERY good. No drilling - no painting. 5 dents/dings was around $200.

-Bob

L

·
0 Posts
RTL44 said:
Sorry to get back on topic, but I had Dent Dr. take out several dings from my Mazda b3000 and thought they did a great job. And the price was VERY good. No drilling - no painting. 5 dents/dings was around $200.

-Bob
HOW DARE YOU!! How DARE you wait so long to get us BACK ON topic!! :D
WOW. Did you have a crease where the paint was chipped?

·
Registered
51 Posts
had a dent guy the dealers used fix my truck when it was having it's tailgate repainted. the 2 dents i had from a bungee cord hitting the outside of the bed was fixed for $70. you could still see 2 tiny depressions if seen at an angle but it was much better and hardly noticeable. he goes around the different dealerships to take care of minor dents. it was worth the 70 bucks.
i now feel the truck is back to perfect... till the next ding or scratch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts