Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Honda Ridgeline enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your vehicle. We hope you enjoy learning all about lighting!

Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
11,422 Posts
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Very informative video, thanks!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts

I have a question, Nick. For a few years I've been thinking about increasing the backup lighting on my '06 RL. I haven't done anything because I'm hesitant to hang additional lighting fixtures. I've noticed you have a HO LED bulb for our RL's. In your honest opinion, do you think the HO LED would be much of an improvement over the existing OEM bulb to the point where additional lighting wouldn't be required? It sure would be cheaper and easier in the long run.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have a question, Nick. For a few years I've been thinking about increasing the backup lighting on my '06 RL. I haven't done anything because I'm hesitant to hang additional lighting fixtures. I've noticed you have a HO LED bulb for our RL's. In your honest opinion, do you think the HO LED would be much of an improvement over the existing OEM bulb to the point where additional lighting wouldn't be required? It sure would be cheaper and easier in the long run.
You will get dramatically more output with our XP50 LED backup light vs. the OEM bulb. It's the brightest self-contained LED in that size.

Plus they come with a 30-day hassle free return policy, so there's no risk in trying them.

Feel free to give us a call if you need more information: (314) 205-3033

Here's a recent shoot with the XP50's installed in a Fiat 500:

Nick C.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts

Nick,

I was considering replacing the OEM bulbs in my overhead console with your LEDs. Which ones come closest to the OEM color? Warm white? If so, will I give up any brightness over OEM? Would cool white be any brighter?
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/2006-2014-honda-ridgeline-map-light-leds-pair.html

OEM is #2 below:

Also, can you provide a link to the reverse light bulbs Pizza Man got from you? Are they just a plug and play type swap out?

How about replacing the OEM bulbs in the truck bed?

Thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The warm white is definitely closer to the factory incandescent color. It's a "softer" white that some people prefer.

If you select the second bulb model listed for each application it will be the same (if not slightly brighter) than OEM. Cool white is more popular, but the brightness between Warm white and cool white is not much different FWIW

We have a full-Ridgeline specific LED replacement lighting section here: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs/listed-by-vehicle/honda/ridgeline.html

Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or need opinions on which bulbs to select. We are happy to help!

Our replacement LEDs are all plug and play. Direct replacements

(314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts

Perfect. Thanks Nick.

Edit: except that using the RL link (nice info!), the link for the dome lights is different from what I get by plugging in the year and model (linked in my OP above). The link from your RL page just shows some $4 LED kit. Or is that a single bulb in the kit vs a pair on my linked page? Sorry, but it's a bit confusing.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts

Nick, please post up when the H series LEDs come back in stock.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

We sure will! If you're talking about the HP3 and HP5 194 bulbs, they haven't even been released in cool white yet. Took us 5 months, dozens of samples, and a lot of shipping cost to develop them and find a manufacturer who could meet our standards for the color uniformity.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts

Nick, I still do not see an option for the 4 bed lights to be replaced with LEDs on your site. Was that an oversight or do you not offer LED replacement bulbs for those lights?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts