Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up everyone so after lots of browsing and coming up empty I realized this community is not so interested in fog lights 🤷🏾‍♂️ And there’s not a lot if any aftermarket fog light installation aside from typical bulb changes.
Jsport has the Baja designs Squadron fogs on their website as a plug and play kit and I was about to pull the trigger until I saw and read several reviews on Baja andDiode Dynamics for comparison. I was convinced that DD had the better light based on reviews and I think were a bit cheaper as well. So win win!! Not really....
Well unfortunately DD does not have a dedicated mount for the ridgeline but they do have one for the pilots so I figured it would be the same and took the risk. Upon installation from my trusty shop GCR automotive the bracket did not fit correctly so I started to sweat a little bit.
but to save the day they said with some spacers it could work! And it did! Although they do not fit like a glove because they housing of the lights are slightly bigger it leaves a gap towards the bottom between light and bumper. Not really a concern in my eyes. I wish I had photos of the install but we were so focused on getting it to work I honestly forgot about it.
needless to say...they are extremely bright...golden yellow ...and amazing output!!

the photos don’t do them any justice but they are Sae compliant with a nice cutoff on the pros. They make a cheaper slightly less bright with a sharper cutoff for $100 cheaper with great reviews as well. Aside from plug and play the lenses are also interchangeable to clear or yellow. it’s always raining here in Florida and white lights in the rain don’t really help much plus I got them as a tribute to my old Lexus IS300 which came stock with yellow and I loved them.
sorry for lengthy write up but I hope y’all enjoyed the photos and me ranting on lol 😂 Enjoy!!

·
Registered
2019 RTL
95 Posts
looks good! The last picture, wow. I like that they are in the factory spot, someone who didn't know Ridgelines wouldn't even know it wasn't stock from Honda.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread. So funny, just finished the same thing along with the vled v6 triton switch back and vled high beams. I believe the pilot kit and the type a kit (honda, acura, subaru) from DD are the same but I didn't need any spacers. Bracket and holes lined up perfectly, you just need to put a little bit of force to get the screws in. As you said the housing of the DD is bigger than the hole of the oem fog. Very excellent fog set. Just a couple of pics. 2.jpg 1.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!! Well the screws lined up but the light was hitting the bottom of of bumper and wouldn’t allow for the third screw to reach so not sure because I didn’t install it. Anyhow it worked all the screws are in and no issues which is a good thing.
curious on what you did to get the turn signal to light up as well???
there’s a write up on it but not much of a fan of messing with electrical system too much.

sorry I don’t have a pro camera just an iPhone but it’s really bright!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice!! Well the screws lined up but the light was hitting the bottom of of bumper and wouldn’t allow for the third screw to reach so not sure because I didn’t install it. Anyhow it worked all the screws are in and no issues which is a good thing.
curious on what you did to get the turn signal to light up as well???
there’s a write up on it but not much of a fan of messing with electrical system too much.
View attachment 405755 View attachment 405756
sorry I don’t have a pro camera just an iPhone but it’s really bright!
During the install of the DD fogs, I also installed Vleds V6 Triton switch back, Vleds high beam, vleds back up lights and vleds v6 Triton extreme red rear turn signals. All pretty much plug and play.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
95 Posts
During the install of the DD fogs, I also installed Vleds V6 Triton switch back
Did you go with 5k or 6k on the switchbacks? I installed the 5k but kind of wish I would have gone 6k. The 5k seem whiter than the factory light color of the other lights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you go with 5k or 6k on the switchbacks? I installed the 5k but kind of wish I would have gone 6k. The 5k seem whiter than the factory light color of the other lights.
6k, it matched up well with the DRL. Supposedly they are going to have the v6 triton extreme switchbacks by end of the year but jeez that might be overkill. I have the v6 triton extreme red for the rear turn signals and it is really bright even for red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts