Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say it's about time. I'm not a fan of the music channels that comes with DTV, happier than hell we're getting this.

DirecTV, XM Satellite Sign Program Deal

DirecTV Group Inc., the nation's largest direct broadcast satellite provider, said Thursday it will start offering music and talk-radio channels to its customers under a deal with XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.

Linkage_1

Linkage_2

·
Registered
774 Posts
Being a loyal subscriber to both services, this is great news. Frankly, I am amazed that DTV is doing this at no extra charge to it's subscribers.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Having XM and DirectTV it is good news.

BTW, this deal mirrors what Sirius and Dish Network have had in place for quite some time. I suspect XM and DirectTV had no choice.

:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh this rocks because I was about to drop 2 bills on a Polk Audio XM Unit for the home. Now I can just pull it off satellite. SWEEEEEET!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
This sounds like 1 + 1 = 3 ! I bet that every cable company is scratching their heads about what they can do do compete. I have been hanging onto cable because I don't like to have to deal with set-top boxes but this could change all that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ultra Hog, I work for a DISH Network retailer and they have something cable and DirecTV doesnt. They are called dual tuner receivers, You only have to 1 box for every 2 TVs, each tv has a satellite remote, but there is a box only at 1 of the TV's, this also cuts the monthly box fee (usually5$) in half. So you can put the box in the bedroom and not see it in the living room or vice versa... :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome. I hate television, but my dear husband has to have it. I won't feel so bad about the bill if there's something in it for me. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is odd. I have DTV and mine works 2 TV's with one box and I have TIVO that record 2 channels at the same time. Technology!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts