Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I hauled a load of dirt. After I was all done, I washed the truck but ever since then, I've notice dirt on my rear bumper. I thought it was strange that I would miss that during the wash so I went ahead and clean it again. After this happened a couple of time, I started to investigate. It appears that I've got dirt inside the tail gate. Every time I close the tailgate, bits drop out the bottom. I guess it will eventually all come out but it's a little annoying. If I open and close the tailgate quickly, I can hear it rattling around. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It's pouring rain outside right now, so I'm not about to go outside and check, but can't the composite part of the tailgate be removed? I would think so, however I have no idea how tough it would be. I had a similar issue when hauling bagged sand and cement. When I swept the bed out, some sand and cement got into the tailgate hinge area and the hinge started making a loud squeaking sound. I washed it out well and lubed it with Tri-Flow and the noise is gone, but I think this is a vulnerable area of this truck, at least compared to a standard pickup gate.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am going through the same thing right now with dust. I spent about an hour exploring some logging/minning roads in Northern California yesterday. If you are from the area I was traveling from Foresthill to Colfax and a couple of points in between. Man was that fun!! Just be careful, the Ridgeline makes you a little cocky and I came across a GMC truck around a blind corner who was non too happy with me.

The "roads" were very dusty and I too have a little bit of dust fall out of the tailgate everytime I close it. It is not a big deal right now as the truck is still really dirty, but after I wash it tomorrow it will be a big deal.

Let me know what others find out re: taking the composite section off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts