Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steering wheel mounted gear shifters really are annoying IMO. On multiple occasions, I have accidentally hit one which then caused me to rev really high and takes a few seconds to realize what happened to react and either hit the shifter or press "D" again to go into full auto. Is there a way to disable the paddles so I cannot accidentally hit them anymore (or more accurately... so the vehicle ignores the accidents)? Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Interesting, I've never heard of someone wanting to not have them, but it shouldn't be surprising. That's probably true of most features.

Anyway, I have no idea if this works, but an internet search said to pull both paddles toward you for a few seconds to disable them.

I'm sure you want to do it on a more permanent basis, than evertime you get in, but it's something.

It may be possible they have their own dedicated fuse you can pull, but I'm not looking it up.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
22,394 Posts
Pulling both paddle does not disable the feature.

You could disconnect the left and right paddle connectors (C) in the steering wheel, but this requires airbag removal (not recommended).

Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim Font Auto part

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't have paddles on mine but I would guess it's possible to jam some suitably sized reasonably sturdy material into the mechanism to disable it. I probably wouldn't suggest doing that without some serious consideration first. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard to train yourself to avoid them when you don't intend to hit them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The steering wheel mounted gear shifters really are annoying IMO. On multiple occasions, I have accidentally hit one which then caused me to rev really high and takes a few seconds to realize what happened to react and either hit the shifter or press "D" again to go into full auto. Is there a way to disable the paddles so I cannot accidentally hit them anymore (or more accurately... so the vehicle ignores the accidents)? Thanks!

Brian
Glad you posted, so I don't feel so bad. Same thing happened to me the other day... at a busy intersection, light turned green, I turned right and apparently hit the "-" paddle. So the whole string of traffic behind me is going 5 mph while I'm frantic, trying to figure out why I'm stuck in 1st gear. It was more embarrassing than anything else.

I don't want to disable mine, as I use the - paddle to downshift on exit ramps.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
76 Posts

Brian
Super glue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts