Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way do "disable" the xm radio so it skips past it when using the Mode button on the steering wheel?

Once the sub runs out, I don't plan on paying for it, and it'll be pretty annoying to have to press past the XM radio options.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Try this experiment. Have you looked at the back of the radio? In the back there will be 3 or 4 connectors. One of these connectors is the XM tuner. Most likely it is the 14-pin connector. There is a 20-min (main bus) and a 2-pin (antenna connector) so the leftover is the XM. If you have two leftover after eliminating the main and antenna then you have a 50/50 chance of getting the right one. Once you figure it out, just disconnect it and see what happens.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought I would bump this and see if anyone has done this....I'm afraid to try ripping the radio out, how is it done?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try disconnecting the cables at the Xm tuner under the drivers seat. It is too bad that the steering wheel selector does not detect if your Xm is activated or not (I assume that you do not subscribe).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
$77 is to much to pay for a years worth of XM? Come on you got a $30+k vehicle why not put a little tunes in it!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Oddjob said:
$77 is to much to pay for a years worth of XM? Come on you got a $30+k vehicle why not put a little tunes in it!
I'll stick to the free tunes as well. I remember when cable first came out and was cheap. Now look at how expensive it is! :eek:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
swampler said:
I'll stick to the free tunes as well. I remember when cable first came out and was cheap. Now look at how expensive it is! :eek:
How true! :D But maybe one day things will change?;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
swampler said:
I won't hold my breath...will you? :rolleyes:
Naw, but just maybe I mean just maybe one day it will change. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
NotAnAshtray said:
Try disconnecting the cables at the Xm tuner under the drivers seat. It is too bad that the steering wheel selector does not detect if your Xm is activated or not (I assume that you do not subscribe).
The XM tuner is only under the seat if it is a dealer add-on. Otherwise it is behind the back seat, and is pretty difficult to get to.

Getting behind the stereo is quite easy. (I have done it enough times that I can do it in less than a minute using just two screwdrivers.) You only need to pop the front panel of the dash off (the big one that goes from just to the right of the stereo to the far left). It is held in place by friction tabs, and is easy to remove if you start at the bottom (look for the 1/4" notches at the bottom to insert a screwdriver). Pull the panel straight back to pop the tabs loose, beginning at the bottom and working your way up. At first, just pop them all far enough back to disconnect the tabs, about 3/4". As you go disconnect wires from the switches, buttons, and climate control system (push the tab inward on each connector to remove). Once all wires are disconnected, turn the ignition to the ON position (without starting the truck), fully engage the parking brake, and move the gearshift into its lowest position. Twist the whole assembly clockwise slowly to remove it from behind the gear shift. Once it is removed, there are 5 Phillips screws that hold the stereo in place. Remove these 5 screws, and the stereo assembly will come out easily. (You may have to temporarily disconnect the Hazard light switch to get it all the way out.) The XM tuner is connected by a 14-pin connector (I believe it is white, but I'm going off of my memory so I could be wrong). If you have the RTL with Navi, it will be the one that goes to a bundled wiring harness, not the one that goes between the CD changer and head unit. Re-assemble in reverse order of disassembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts