Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something here--the only way that I've found to not enable the security alarm is to lock the doors with the trunk lid open? Afterwards, shutting it doesn't enable the security alarm--at least that's what I think since the blinky light on the door doesn't blink.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Not sure why you'd want to, but what if you lock it with the lock button inside the vehicle, then close the door? I thought the system only enabled itself when using the fob or the key from the outside.

PS: You can lock it with the hood open too and it won't enable. Not sure if it does once the hood is closed though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will arm itself if you lock with the driver's side manual lock button. There are times when I'd rather not have it go off--usually when I'm diving where I definitely won't hear it and it would be a real annoyance to others. Actually, the number of ways it arms itself is convenient, it just when I don't want it to arm that I thought Honda would leave an option like the old way of locking the doors--holding the latch open while pushing down on the door lock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My alarm was going off randomly. I first disconnected the wires to the hood alarm switch (as many recommended) but that was not the problem.
I then taped the 2 exposed wires from the hood switch together. That works.
The alarm system thinks that the hood is open. You can lock and unlock the doors with the fob, but the alarm doesn't set.
2006 Ridgeline. factory alarm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts