Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was fueling up yesterday, a guy with an older Pilot complimented me on my clean Ridge. (LOL It was the first time it had been washed in months.) We got to talking and he said he was starting to look for a replacement for his Pilot with 234K miles. He liked hearing about the great features of the Ridge, but was disappointed to hear that production had stopped for a couple years. Later, I checked Autotrader and saw that there were only 6 new 2014s within 100 miles, all SE and RTL models. Autotrader listed 10 used Ridges within 100 miles with less than 60K miles on them.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
3 new within 100 miles, all SE or RTL
13 used under 60k within 100 miles

Advertised price on the SE is nearly $39,000

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah, at this point I feel like the only new RLs you are going to find are SE and RTL. It seems like any other models are totally gone by now. Not too many good used ones are going to come up for sale either with people holding on to them and waiting till the new model comes out, or just wanting to keep gen 1 after the possibilities arise that gen 2 is not as good. We will see, but that is my thought.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
And if that new one does come out you can kiss about a grand off your old one. That's just the way it is when a new vehicle comes out. Not to many want the old style and the ones that do wont pay the price they were at before that new one came out. Its old.............but I still like it and if I don't care for the new changes I'll keep it or move on.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,056 Posts
Honda dealers are going to have to slash the price of those SE's and RTL's if they want to sell them. No one in their right mind is going to pay $39,000 for a Honda Ridgeline that A: is no longer produced and B: is a decade-old design. I love my truck, but that's A LOT of money for what it is.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Honda dealers are going to have to slash the price of those SE's and RTL's if they want to sell them. No one in their right mind is going to pay $39,000 for a Honda Ridgeline that A: is no longer produced and B: is a decade-old design. I love my truck, but that's A LOT of money for what it is.
.... I dunno.... that back end (trunk & 2way tailgate) hooks some lookers. :)

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,453 Posts
Auto makers have not always made the best production decisions, and some good cars have come and gone over the years. I'm glad we bought our 2013 RTL when we did as I'm not convinced Honda is going to bother with another Ridgeline. Japanese have not had great luck with full size trucks. Eighteen months ago we got it for 31k at 0.9% and we got a little over 14k in trade on our pristine 2007 RTS. I'm glad we jumped in regardless of what Honda does. Don't know about kissing off a grand if a new Ridge comes out as the "old" ones are known for their durability and reliability. More tech always = more problems so I'm sure there will always be a good market for these, just like the Element.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts