Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Honda,

I manage a big farm in Pennsylvania and my Ridgeline is my office and mobile shop. Love it but the alarms are enough to get me very frustrated. I am in and out of the vehicle fifty times a day and removing the key when you are a mile from a public road and only exiting for a few moments to attend to something...just is so pointless. I made a fake seat belt out of wood but the key buzzer gets me ten times a day and every time I get a little irate. I've never owned a vehicle which I didn't disarm but this one is really too nice to take a chance on. The dealer wouldn't even touch it and kind of warned me it wouldn't be easy. Before I hurt it couldn't you tell me how to get the buzzers to shut up?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I drive a lot on 2 lane highways; I like to drive with my headlights on all the time.....
I love the fact that the RL automatically shuts the lights off if I leave them on when I leave the vehicle.
I love the fact when I hit "Unlock" on my key-fob the headlights come on.
I HATE the annoying beeping the RL makes when you leave the lights on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll tell you how I got the 02 Tacoma I drove just before the RTL. I located the buzzer but Icouldn't unplug it like every Chevy I ever drove and I got frustrated so I just squeezed it pretty good with channel locks. Pretty dangerous I presume but it worked great. If it's quiet you can still hear that miserable little device still trying to chime. My '95 Ranger, on the other hand was impossible--I scraped most of the skin on my Knuckles trying to be at it up there to the right of the steering wheel. But since the door ajar sensor malfunctioned I hadto do something so I pulled the fuse, takes out your wipers and odometer and tach, too. So I burned out a fuse, soldered wires and connected them with a swithch on the dash so when it malfunctioned or I wanted to sit in the car with my door open I flipped the switch. Saved a lot of mileage. Miserable piece of c___ that thing was. Now I'm lookin' to this forum for some good tip! Also like to turn off the ABS. It's not so good on wet grass.:mad:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
My '95 Ranger, on the other hand was impossible--I scraped most of the skin on my Knuckles trying to be at it up there to the right of the steering wheel. But since the door ajar sensor malfunctioned I hadto do something so I pulled the fuse, takes out your wipers and odometer and tach, too. So I burned out a fuse, soldered wires and connected them with a swithch on the dash so when it malfunctioned or I wanted to sit in the car with my door open I flipped the switch.
Funny story on the door ajar switch. I had the same problem on my '99 Ranger. I couldn't find the button that normally turns it on, so I looked on the internet to get some answers. I found that it was located in the door and actually worked off the latch itself and that it was listed as a very common problem. So I took the door panels off and located it. It looked like rather a pain in the butt to get out, so until I could get a new one and take the time to dig it out, I just lubed it up real good. Result was that I never did have to replace it. All it needed was lubing. I wonder how many other switches got replaced due to lack of lube?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts