Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my RL for about two months now and, being my first Honda, I am continually being amazed at some of the little tweaks that Honda includes in it's vehicles. Examples are the all-window down function on the remote button, the heated area on the windshield for the wipers, being able to program the door lock and unlock functions three different ways, the ability to correct the outside thermometer 5 degrees either way, etc.
I discovered another one today. I have been using either the remote or the switch on the arm rest to lock the doors when exiting. Now I discover that I can also just depress the lock button on the driver's door. Honda figures that if you are locking the driver's door, the other doors should be locked too, and it locks them all just like the other methods. Discovering these things is a lot more fun than reading the owner's manual cover to cover. I did real it quite a lot but obviously I missed some. I just wish I had read the part about the security system a little better. :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm...wonder where the temp sensor for the outside thermometer is located at? Thanks for sharing one I didn't know. Some day, I will have to open the owner's manual. With the knowledge here, I never had a reason to.

From what I have heard here, there is only two settings for the door locks. Either they are enabled or disabled. There are several threads discussing exactly this issue. I can't even count the times I left my wife locked in the car when we stop and exit. I guess I am still too use to the way my last car unlocked all doors when the motor was turned off.

Enjoy your Ridgeline! I know I do.

Honda Guy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow ... program door locks. Change the temprature 5 degrees either way. I need to look these up in my manual.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The temperature sensor is in the front bumper. "To adjust the outside temperature indicator, make sure the outside temperature indicator is shown in the display, then press and hold the RESET button for 10 seconds (the TRIP A or B is also reset). The following sequence will appear for 1 second each: 0,1,2,3,4,5,-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0 (U.S.) or 0,1,2,3,-3-2-1,0 (Canada).

It's on page 69. Just remember that the sensor rarely shows the true ambient temperature because of the heat coming off the road surface.

The three auto door locking possibilities are: doors lock when you shift out of Park, doors lock when you reach 9 mph, locking is deactivated.

The three auto door unlock possibilities are: doors unlocks when you shift into Park, doors unlock when you turn the ignition switch to LOCK, unlocking is deactivated.

The plural use of door is from the manual and we all know that is not the case with the unlock feature.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Webwader said:
The temperature sensor is in the front bumper. "To adjust the outside temperature indicator, make sure the outside temperature indicator is shown in the display, then press and hold the RESET button for 10 seconds (the TRIP A or B is also reset). The following sequence will appear for 1 second each: 0,1,2,3,4,5,-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0 (U.S.) or 0,1,2,3,-3-2-1,0 (Canada).

It's on page 69. Just remember that the sensor rarely shows the true ambient temperature because of the heat coming off the road surface.

The three auto door locking possibilities are: doors lock when you shift out of Park, doors lock when you reach 9 mph, locking is deactivated.

The three auto door unlock possibilities are: doors unlocks when you shift into Park, doors unlock when you turn the ignition switch to LOCK, unlocking is deactivated.

The plural use of door is from the manual and we all know that is not the case with the unlock feature.

GREAT info. Thanks allot man, Have a great weekend

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anybody know if you can scroll the characters in the XM radio display? It's not that big a deal but would like to be able to do it if it's possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts