Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Ridgeline RTL-E

Does anyone know if there is a way in "settings" to make the infotainment display automatically go to night mode after sun goes down and back to day during daytime? Currently I'm having to hit the Moon/Sun button to changes it each time. It's automatic in most other vehicles I've driven Thanks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My 2017 RTL-E automatically changes from day to night and vice-versa.

Do you have something over the sensor on top of the dash like a paper or cap?

·
Administrator
15,256 Posts
Also, make sure the instrument panel brightness control isn't set all the way up or everything will stay in "day" mode.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys but I don't see anywhere in the manual that talks about the display automatically changing brightness from day mode to night mode. I do see a section called Auto Daylight in the System Settings window under Clock - but I think that's for switching automatically to daylight saving time. The only way I know about dimming the display at night is to manually hit the Sun/Moon button on the lower left side of the screen. Does the Ridgeline even have an auto day/night dimming funtion for the display unit? If so what page is it on in the manual?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
As someone mentioned, just make sure the dash brightness is not all the way up or all the way down. Those are 'sticky' points. Any where in between will switch night/day automatically

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry guys but I don't see anywhere in the manual that talks about the display automatically changing brightness from day mode to night mode.
You are looking in the wrong manual. Auto switching is described in the Navigation Manual on page 27 for 2017. The switching follows the headlights. The headlights are controlled by the sunlight sensor on the dash. I am not saying it is well written, but the day/night does switch automatically.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As someone mentioned, just make sure the dash brightness is not all the way up or all the way down. Those are 'sticky' points. Any where in between will switch night/day automatically
Yes, I saw that and lowered the brightness below highest settings. Also there is nothing covering the sensor on the middle front of the dash by the window. The brightness still isn't dimking at night unless I manually change it.. I'd still like to see somewhere in the manual that talks about setting the day/night brightness to automatically change respectivly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are looking in the wrong manual. Auto switching is described in the Navigation Manual on page 27 for 2017. The switching follows the headlights. The headlights are controlled by the sunlight sensor on the dash. I am not saying it is well written, but the day/night does switch automatically.
View attachment 398061
Wow, just noticed your reply. I'll ty it....Thanks!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, make sure the instrument panel brightness control isn't set all the way up or everything will stay in "day" mode.
Bingo, the stink'n brightness control for the dash panel was set to max brightness. Sliding it dim one bar now allows the infortainment display to auto brightmess between day and night mode. I never would have thought that button controls the infotainment display. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've found during the day, if you use a sunshade, the display can get stuck in night setting. I don't know if this is software or dust related, but restarting the truck fixes the problem. It's a pretty rare occurrence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts