Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my ditch lights mounted up last night. Wanted to detail the installation below for anyone interested. I'd say I'm mechanically inclined until it involves more than a drill, and this was my first foray into the engine bay, so I took my time and the total install (brackets + light wiring) took about 3hrs. I don't have a good picture of the output yet on the RL, but my friend has them mounted to his Silverado and loves them. Attached a picture from his setup.

Parts:
1. @Venphic No-Lo ditch light bracket
2. Rigid SS Pro Spot lights. Part number 262213. Got them on amazon for ~$210 (normally closer to 330) link here: Amazon.com: Rigid Industries 262213 LED Light, Pair: Automotive

Went with these because of the dual forward + side LEDs. Was looking at some KC Pods as well, but at this price I think these Rigid's are much better.

Install:
No-Lo has good directions on the website for the bracket, so I won't detail that too much here. Just will add that the install for that took about 20-30 mins. Definitely just do one at a time.

Lights:
  • I went with the lower profile mounting option for the lights. I think this looks a bit cleaner, but if the light is reflecting too much off the hood I'll probably change to the higher one.
  • Followed the same wiring instructions from the Pop-n-Lock installation, good video starting around 8:40
  • Good video for accessing the battery terminals (for those like me that had never done this!): Battery Replacement: 2017-2019 Honda Ridgeline 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL 3.5L V6
  • Just used a coat hangar as my pull wire. Took a bit to pierce the grommet, but after that it was pretty easy
  • The rigid has a pretty thick switch wire, so pulling it back through the grommet was annoying, but not impossible.
  • There's an open M6 threaded hole that I bolted the relay to.
  • Routed the wire to some clips on the underside of the rear cover that I zip-tied to. Will check it in a few days to make sure it hasn't come undone.
Right now I just have the stock switch mounted underneath the steering wheel, but I'm going to do some research to see if the Eco-mode button can be popped back easily. I never use it, so if it can be popped out I'll likely just mount the Rigid switch there. I don't think i'll be doing any more lighting, so likely will just stick with the stock switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice, that's where I was talking about mounting the relay....I didnt forget about ya, I'll get pics when I can if you still want them. Nice job.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It would be good to see how you routed the wiring through the engine bay, but no rush!
Nice, that's where I was talking about mounting the relay....I didnt forget about ya, I'll get pics when I can if you still want them. Nice job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts