Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just put General Grabber AT2 tires on my 2012 Ridgeline. They are 265/65R17 in size and like them so far. I'm going to get a full size spare wheel and tire, and I'm going to sell or trade the stock spare for either a tire or stock Ridgeline wheel locally. What do you guys think the spare is worth? It's never even been out of the spare tire compartment.

Another option would be trying to find a tire that will fit the spare rim that is the same circumference as the 265/65R17 tires.Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hello All,

I just put General Grabber AT2 tires on my 2012 Ridgeline. They are 265/65R17 in size and like them so far. I'm going to get a full size spare wheel and tire, and I'm going to sell or trade the stock spare for either a tire or stock Ridgeline wheel locally. What do you guys think the spare is worth? It's never even been out of the spare tire compartment.

Another option would be trying to find a tire that will fit the spare rim that is the same circumference as the 265/65R17 tires.Thanks for your input!
You could have saved one of the old tires that was in the best shape, bought a used RL wheel, had the old tire mounted on the used wheel, and put it in the spare tire compartment. It isn't that difficult to find a wheel on Craigslist or ebay. I found one cheap years ago when the RL was far less common. As far as the temporary spare, I guess it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, but I wouldn't count on much.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I gave mine to a local tire shop who helps out with low cost tires for folks "down on their luck". I did this after looking at another Ridgline owners attempt to sell their spare on Craigslist. I watched the price go down and it finally disappeared after about 6 months on CR.

·
Registered
244 Posts
$25 is what I paid for a "spare" spare. It was listed either here or craigslist. Seller was happy to find someone that had use for it as they had posted it for a while with zero interest and they were ready to landfill it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! I would have kept and old tire, but they were all bald and cracking. I'll just get a RL wheel and buy a good used tire as a spare. I'll just donate the spare in hopes it will help someone.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a full size spare and kept the mini one for doing tire rotations. I start with the left rear and put it on there and move the tire around as I rotate. Yes lots of jacking up and down but saves money doing it myself.
Before I had the full size one I had to get the mine one out of the trunk to do rotations.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a full size spare and kept the mini one for doing tire rotations. I start with the left rear and put it on there and move the tire around as I rotate. Yes lots of jacking up and down but saves money doing it myself.
Before I had the full size one I had to get the mine one out of the truck to do rotations.
Good idea. You turned the spare into a tire rotation tool. This could work for me too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts