Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just setup a new method to transport my bike in conjuction with my ladder rack, and figured I'd share with the group for feedback/in case any one else wants to try it.

Last year I used a crossbar with fork mounts across the bed and it worked really well. I've since added a Bakflip tonneau cover and the rails/cover prevented me from being able to use that setup. I ended up ordering a mountable fork mount (and the adapter I needed for my MTB fork), and decided to attached it to my ladder rack. So far it seems very sturdy, and fits a massive XL 29er mountain bike with my tailgate shut. The top of my handlebars is just shy of 8 feet from the ground. I don't foresee any significant clearance issues as long as I'm not a dope.

Let me know if you all see any flaws with this thay I'm not thinking of. I'll report back with updates after I've gotten some trips in with it. I can also provide the links for the mounts I used and describe how I attached them if anyone is interested.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Land vehicle

Plant Window Tree Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle Bicycle frame Automotive tire

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do you have to climb into the bed to put the bike on the rack? Or are you just insanely tall???
-
I just installed the exact same t-rails from this system on my 22'. Instead of putting on the ladder rack, I'm going to install (4) fork mounts on each rail (Sigh, both my wife and I have a hardtail, dual suspension, road, and gravel bike - none of them have the same fork spacing, so we need a separate fork mount for each type of bike...)
-
But the end result will be we'll be able to load the bikes standing on the sides of the truck, and we'd be able to get all 8 bikes in. (Although, we never really take more than (4) on our trips).
Ha, I'm fairly tall but I definitely hop up into the bed to load. I probably could do it from the side, but it would definitely be awkward.

I like the idea of putting the fork mounts on the rails, you'll definitely be able to fit in more bikes that way. I'm surprised they'll fit in that direction, are your frames on the smaller side? Post some pics when you have it done! I transport kayaks frequently so the ladder rack had to stay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts