Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2007 Ridgeline RTX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start of by saying I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, so apologies if it's a little rough!

I've had my 2007 Ridgeline for four months or so now and have been loving it. Already came with the factory roof rack and cross bars so that's been great for carrying kayaks and camping supplies.

I wanted something for camping in the back but canopies aren't up for sale often and are usually more than I want to spend.

So I figured I would try to build my own. Everything I have used so far is free. Some pallet wood, thin sheet of tin from the back of an appliance of some kind, and a large sheet of thick white plastic a cabinet shop near me was tossing lmao.

It's not beautiful by any means, but I've still got some work ( side windows, trim, weatherstripping and back hatch) to do and some paint to throw on it.

So far I like how it's turning out, I can open the rear storage area just fine, no instructions, and I think it'll function beautifully.

I figured someone on this forum may enjoy this or take it as motivation to try it so what the heck! Let me know what you think!

· Registered
39 Posts
I recall coming across your photos via a Google image search and that lead me on my journey to building my own truck canopy.

I'm glad to hear you were able to stay on budget. I love that you contoured the roof and sides to the body of the car - it isn't easy to make wood curve like a car.

I went way over in time and materials.

Here's my build:
Ridgeline Work Truck

-J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.