Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Nice Job. Money making opportunity if you were to sell that here. At least tell us the process or maybe post dimensions.. How about some closeup pics of how its attached. Again good work.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,113 Posts
Ingenious.!!! Now can you make a Version II that hooks up to the exterior latch loops by the tail lights so the actual width of the trunk is not hindered?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ingenious.!!! Now can you make a Version II that hooks up to the exterior latch loops by the tail lights so the actual width of the trunk is not hindered?
Version II could be done, but it would require 2 different connections while Version I is easier. The full width of the truck bed is available below the bottom rail.
Also, I can install Version I backwards to store it and to create a partition in the bed (the trunk lid still opens to more than 12” or the extender can be easily removed).

I just made this to handle longer branches.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice Job. Money making opportunity if you were to sell that here. At least tell us the process or maybe post dimensions.. How about some closeup pics of how its attached. Again good work.
(Delayed response due to injury:)

I used a conduit bender for the 1/2” conduit; therefore outside dimensions are used as per YouTube videos.

Roughly shape the end-joints before welding.

Here are the dimensions (verify).

Good
Luck

Ps opening the trunk lid is restricted, but it can be easily removed, or the location of the connection of the lower 2 tubes can be changed in the design to accommodate this.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts