Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Sport
130 Posts
Love your work, but modifying headlights is not something I support. Not sure about CA, but in the US, headlight designs are certified through the DOT and other organizations. A long time ago, I used to work for Federal Mogul, a company that made headlight assemblies for OEM clients and we had the design engineers and their test lab on the same site as the factory. The amount of design work and testing and documentation that went into each light design was phenomenal. Even to use a different bulb would put the light out of specs. All these LED aftermarket lamps that people install in existing headlamp assemblies dont pass muster, even if the seller claims that they do. Just because you can light up the road like it's daylight doesnt mean that cars coming the other way will appreciate what you did.

I would have just used a boat load of additional driving and fog lamps on a separate switch to light up the night and left the headlights alone. It looks like you also have that, so I'm not sure why you needed more.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts