Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Thanks for providing this DIY for the rear sliding window. :act035:

I'm going to bookmark your post for future reference.

·
Administrator
17,178 Posts
I wonder what, if any, disadvantages there are to this method. Surely, there is something or the dealers would be doing it this way instead of charging 8+ hours labor and removing half the interior like they did on my first Ridgeline. I'm still angry with Honda for not covering this under warranty. I ended up having my insurance company replace it at a cost of over $1,000 and I was out a deductible. To this day, I drive in fear of it exploding again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder what, if any, disadvantages there are to this method. Surely, there is something or the dealers would be doing it this way instead of charging 8+ hours labor and removing half the interior like they did on my first Ridgeline. I'm still angry with Honda for not covering this under warranty. I ended up having my insurance company replace it at a cost of over $1,000 and I was out a deductible. To this day, I drive in fear of it exploding again.
Your guess is as good as mine. I suppose the greatest risk one takes is if when attaching the new pane, it is not level with the track. As the track runs to the left it narrows, so misalignment could cause another shatter. However, the mount that is glued to the window pane seems to be pretty solid and aligned. The other thing to consider is when you re-screw the motor/track just make sure you have tight and aligned (not a big deal).

For me, I have never opened the window again but it works just fine and it has been over a year since I replaced it.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The video just talks about sliding a rod over to one side. For completeness, perhaps it would be good to put some bullets shows the steps to fix

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a note, you can only repair the center window...if either side windows break you need an entire new unit....God help all who have this work done..your truck will never be the same.

·
Administrator
17,178 Posts
^ I could never tell my rear window assembly was replaced after the center glass spontaneously exploded. At that time, the center glass was not yet available as a repair part so the dealer replaced the entire rear window assembly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts