Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A month or so ago I purchased the then brand new Hood Strut kit and Underhood Light kit for my G2. I have been meaning to submit a review since then, but have not gotten off my lazy tail until now.

First of All, dealing with Danny (DK-NY) was a pleasure. To say that he is concerned with customer satisfaction is an understatement! During the order process he contacted me repeatedly to give me updates on the status of the newly developed kit and the shipping status.

After receiving the kit I contacted him about an issue with the wire length for the Underhood Light, and he stopped what he was doing to go through everything with me right then and there. (This was around 6:00 PM EST) He wanted to ensure that the directions were correct, and that I had followed them properly. After a few minutes he realized that there was a problem, and he insisted upon sending me a kit Next Day Express despite the fact that I was heading out of town and would not receive it for a few days until my return.

When I got back, the shipment had arrived. He included several options on how to resolve the issue and even offered to let me keep everything I had. There was a postage paid Self Addressed Shipping Envelope included, and I returned the original kit plus the second option to resolve the matter at no additional cost to me.

Both the Strut kit and the Underhood Lighting kit are excellent. They were both easy to install and work exactly as they are intended. I have had them installed for well over a month, and they are working perfectly. They also look great! The customer service provided was exemplary, and I am completely satisfied. If you are considering a Hood Strut Kit or Underhood Light, this is the setup you want.

I just realized that I have not used the retaining clips included with the kit to secure the wiring along the firewall. My oversight, not any shortcoming of the kit!

Thank you, Danny!

·
Registered
8 Posts
A month or so ago I purchased the then brand new Hood Strut kit and Underhood Light kit for my G2. I have been meaning to submit a review since then, but have not gotten off my lazy tail until now.

First of All, dealing with Danny (DK-NY) was a pleasure. To say that he is concerned with customer satisfaction is an understatement! During the order process he contacted me repeatedly to give me updates on the status of the newly developed kit and the shipping status.

After receiving the kit I contacted him about an issue with the wire length for the Underhood Light, and he stopped what he was doing to go through everything with me right then and there. (This was around 6:00 PM EST) He wanted to ensure that the directions were correct, and that I had followed them properly. After a few minutes he realized that there was a problem, and he insisted upon sending me a kit Next Day Express despite the fact that I was heading out of town and would not receive it for a few days until my return.

When I got back, the shipment had arrived. He included several options on how to resolve the issue and even offered to let me keep everything I had. There was a postage paid Self Addressed Shipping Envelope included, and I returned the original kit plus the second option to resolve the matter at no additional cost to me.

Both the Strut kit and the Underhood Lighting kit are excellent. They were both easy to install and work exactly as they are intended. I have had them installed for well over a month, and they are working perfectly. They also look great! The customer service provided was exemplary, and I am completely satisfied. If you are considering a Hood Strut Kit or Underhood Light, this is the setup you want.

I just realized that I have not used the retaining clips included with the kit to secure the wiring along the firewall. My oversight, not any shortcoming of the kit!

Thank you, Danny!

Can you plz post the link for the G2 hood struts and under hood light kit ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's the eBay store, Ridgeline Mods, by DK-NY:

http://stores.ebay.com/Ridgeline-Mods?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

It features all his Mods for the Ridgeline!
This link to DK-NY no longer works. Ebay shows no listing of this store. My search for DK-NY has no results for the struts. The only Ridgeline struts on ebay I am finding are from Adirondack Flagpoles. Is this the same company as DK-NY, or has DK-NY morphed into Adirondack Flagpoles? Any assistance with now locating the "DK-NY Hood Strut Kit and Underhood Light Kit" is appreciated; thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This link to DK-NY no longer works. Ebay shows no listing of this store. My search for DK-NY has no results for the struts. The only Ridgeline struts on ebay I am finding are from Adirondack Flagpoles. Is this the same company as DK-NY, or has DK-NY morphed into Adirondack Flagpoles? Any assistance with now locating the "DK-NY Hood Strut Kit and Underhood Light Kit" is appreciated; thanks!
Same company. Always has been.

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com...fetz-adirondack-flagpoles-ridgeline-mods.html

http://myworld.ebay.com/adkflagpoles/

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,858 Posts
Reactions: HyperPete

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a link to a replacement hood light switch for anyone who purchased the light kit from Danny. Mine has broken after a few years of moderate use.

Mine stopped working after a couple of months. I'll grab this for my re-installation.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Banned
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
263 Posts
Just installed Danny's (Adirondack Flagpoles) 2022 Honda Ridgeline Hood Strut kit. My third intall. All done! I read somI think Danny has retired but his hood strut kits are still available for purchase on Ebay. I have installed them in a Tacoma and two Ridgelines (2018 and 2022). Works fine and really increases the hood opening as compared to the oem hood prop rod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.