Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always felt like I was a decent kind of guy. I was a police officer for 10 years. I currently work in an inner city hospital that takes care of the less fortunate so to speak. I figured any bad I did do, was punished by having to live with my wife.That in its self ,is hell on earth. But nooooo... I get more. I use rubbing compound on a scratch on my RL left by my daughter. Now the paint around the scratch is dulled and that makes the scratch stand out even more. The scratch is still there no matter how much I wax it.:mad:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Not necessarily! With some elbow grease and a very fine polish, like Klasse, maybe with the aid of a good buffer, you probably can bring the shine right back. If you are in doubt, have a body shop look at it and give you some first hand experience and advice. All may not be lost.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
rtboy1961 said:
I always felt like I was a decent kind of guy. I was a police officer for 10 years. I currently work in an inner city hospital that takes care of the less fortunate so to speak. I figured any bad I did do, was punished by having to live with my wife.That in its self ,is hell on earth. But nooooo... I get more. I use rubbing compound on a scratch on my RL left by my daughter. Now the paint around the scratch is dulled and that makes the scratch stand out even more. The scratch is still there no matter how much I wax it.:mad:
Still your wife??:( why did'nt you use touch up paint?:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
do yourself a favor and go to a body shop let a pro do it , most of the time they wont charge you , had a scratch from front to back and took it to my local bodyshop who always does my work and they took care of it in 10 minutes

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rubbing compund is used for heavy cutting, and will leave fine scratches or dull the finish. You need to move to a finer compound that would be classifed as a polish, and then perhaps a machine glaze. I have the Klasse, but haven't used it yet. If you have that or any good product that is marked as a cleaner/polish or cleaner/wax, it should do the trick.

A nice Porter-Cable polisher takes the elbow grease out of the equation.

Happy rubbing ;) :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like you removed the clear coat that tops the paint. First buff the paint a bit and get a body guy to re-apply a coat or three. Don't rub it for 2 or 3 weeks until it hardens.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah buddy, take it to a pro and let them fix the scratches. And as far as your life...? Well, we all get what we get.....good or bad. I see no real sense in everyday life, right and wrongs etc., but what the heck. As an example, I wanted my own kids once, but I had a low count. I see tons of unworthy men impregnating women like jack-rabbits, yet I couldn't produce one child! Go figure. Life is not what you think it's going to be when you're twenty. By the time you're forty you wake up one morning and wonder what in heck happened!:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts