Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had a piston seize after a hard stop on my 2000 Tundra once. I had to hit the brakes hard to avoid a collision. Wasn't sure it was going to stop, but it did. Later I found out one of the pistons seized when I had the brakes checked. I don't think it pulled as much as you're experiencing, but it wasn't that much to get it fixed. I think they did end up turning the rotors because I didn't recognize what it was for many weeks IIRC. It was a long time ago now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Kevo, I had an old 2001 Grand Cherokee that did that, both sides. Funny to see both sides smoking.
It was behaving strangely with wiggle action but was more noticeable when braking. Glad to have it right again. Brakes are good somewhat soft but still gives me confidence I can stop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve gotten used to the brakes on my 2018 G2 BE, but I came from a 2004 VW R32 which was a monster at braking. What a wonderful car but my 50 year old back was not appreciating the hard ride and getting in and out of those Konig seats.

But I had to stop hard from about 30 mph because someone pulled out in front of me. I was quite impressed how the truck handled and how fast it stopped. Had my whole family in the G2 as well. No change in the braking , but lately I’ve noticed a noise from under the front when I go into reverse.

LOVE the G2!!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
It's interesting to me how the brakes in my 07 RL have such long travel and have always felt mushy, yet they stop the truck well...even during panic situations when I've screwed up and had to jamb on em.
Combined with the EBD and ABS modulator, the system can pressurize the lines as needed, from various inputs to keep the braking as adequate as possible. The brake performance is limited by the OEM brake fluid, pads and rotors. changing them out to something performance in mind, has much better results.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts