Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help naming my truck

I need help naming my nav girl. My wife wants "Samantha" and I am tossed between Athena and Victoria.

Athena for "Athena Looking" or "I seen ya looking" with a slurred voice.
Or
Victoria for the Victory of owning a Ridge.

What do you think? Vote for one or give me another. Also, what name did you give to yours?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Re: Help naming my truck

Mine's Elanore....yeah I know a famous Mustang is called that too, but I like the name for a truck. Plus it'll still fit 20 years from now when I'm still driving it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Good call, even though the Mustang connection is there. I just had another thought. Maybe I will go with Lara, as in Lara Lindsay the voice in Logan's Run. Yes, I know it has been a long time since the movie.

She did have a sexy computer voice!

Voice of the computer from Logan's Run- Memories! :D

L

·
0 Posts

I named mine ivaN. ( Navi backwards ) I don't use the female voice because no woman will EVER get in my truck and tell ME where to go!! :D
I like Athena NJ!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts

ladyridge said:
I named mine ivaN. ( Navi backwards )

Ladyridge! I thought you named yours Ridgena.

I'm new here, I guess I missed something.

I thought that was the coolest (girls name) for the Ridgeline.

P.S. My mothers name is Regina.

L

·
0 Posts

JOZ RIDG said:
JOZ RIDG said:
Ladyridge! I thought you named yours Ridgena.QUOTE]

Oh never mind. Daaaaa

I guess there naming the Nav. :confused: Daaaa!
:D Yup..LadyRidge, Ridgena and ivaN. We make a great team!!
p.s. My Great-Grandma was Regina!! :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

Another reason to go with Athena is that Athena is the godess of knowledge, and your Navi knows how to get you places. All you need is a cute little owl sticker and you will be all set.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Elvira

(tall, dark and sleek)

·
Registered
218 Posts

I go with Athena for your nav. Have you named your Ridge? I don't have the nav but my Ridge is named Bling-bling as a goof. My three little girls liked the chrome wheels I have. He has much more shine that my ratty old f150 (his name was Shaggy) that Bling-bling replaced.

·
Registered
579 Posts

I secretly call mine Ruby, but not to her face.....

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

I bought the RTS, so no nav, but we already had a 2610 Garmin which we like very well. The only logical name for us was Carmin. We got tired of the Amercian voice so she now speaks with a British accent.

L

·
0 Posts

Webwader said:
I bought the RTS, so no nav, but we already had a 2610 Garmin which we like very well. The only logical name for us was Carmin. We got tired of the Amercian voice so she now speaks with a British accent.
Cool...that would be sweet. Too bad the RL doesn't have that choice. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

My wife is mad but Athena she is. I should have just called her "Baby" as I always add that in. "Time to Destination..............baby"
"XM2 preset 2...............Baby"

On those occasions when she moves the fan speed to four instead I have another name for her. I only use it when I am alone and I can't share it!

As far as a name for the truck, I usually ask my wife if we should take the accord or the MEAN MACHINE, so I guess it has a name.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I use the male voice and the obvious choice of names, Hal. Like Ladyridge, I will NOT be taking directions from a female!

·
Registered
307 Posts

My wife's reaction to the RL was that it looked like an El Camino On Steroids - L.C.O.S. - "Elsie Owess" - but I just call it "the truck" :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have enjoyed seeing some members names for their Ridgelines. I haven't decided yet whether I will give the Ridge a name or what it would be if I choose one. How about you?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts