Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the receipt of my OEM fog lights, I started looking around at potential replacements since some have reported their glass lens breaking. I may have found a solution if you fall into this category. The glass says "Stanley P4988 (followed by either a "L" or "R").

Upon doing a search, it appears that this part is also used on 2007 Honda CRV's. A quick search of eBay shows you can get OEM lamp replacement kits for as low as $85 kits. These kits include both the left and right.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Honda+CR+V+fog+lights

Since the Ridgeline kits cost $90 per side, this could be a significant savings. It appears all you would have to do it pop the lamp part out of the CRV bracket, and pop it into the Ridgeline bracket.

This is unconfirmed at this point, but the part numbers match. so is something you may want to consider....

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Following the receipt of my OEM fog lights, I started looking around at potential replacements since some have reported their glass lens breaking. I may have found a solution if you fall into this category. The glass says "Stanley P4988 (followed by either a "L" or "R").

Upon doing a search, it appears that this part is also used on 2007 Honda CRV's. A quick search of eBay shows you can get OEM lamp replacement kits for as low as $85 kits. These kits include both the left and right.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Honda+CR+V+fog+lights

Since the Ridgeline kits cost $90 per side, this could be a significant savings. It appears all you would have to do it pop the lamp part out of the CRV bracket, and pop it into the Ridgeline bracket.

This is unconfirmed at this point, but the part numbers match. so is something you may want to consider....
Has anyone done this yet? My RL has a broken driver's side lens. Darn thing still works, but when there's water trapped in there - right up to the bottom of bulb, it's only a matter of time before it completely dies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, read some posting and took chance on ordering some replacement fog lamp assemblies for a CRV - years 2007-09
Short answer, success. Exact same assembly dimensions it would seem.
Screws right up to the RL bracket like it always belonged there. I bought some after market ones for 50$ CDN delivered so these are not OE and the lens is plastic, also does not have the metal defector ring around the bulb, but hey i’m satisfied for now.

72D49CF9-A058-43CE-A4F3-F430147B3B68.jpeg
31A889B7-12A1-4B9F-A74D-08D88888D9A3.jpeg
65D10BE9-075A-46E0-ADBE-2CF4FF0862B8.jpeg
18594DBA-4EAB-431E-8BB0-B56E9AA52FDE.jpeg
2909C537-A280-46FD-BB42-DACE7F9F6140.jpeg

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU !!!! No one believed me when I threw it out there

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Honda part #’s would be different because of the mounting bracket attached to the lamp assembly.

So just to clarify - The 07 to 09 CRV lamp assemblies are the same. Just mounting brackets are different. So buy OE or aftermarket for a CRV and swap them into your RL lamp brackets.

A big Thank You to ElkHunter for his research into this, I’am sure there will be a lot of RL owners happy about this find. :giggle:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much! I have been looking for a replacement fog lamp for my 2007 Ridgeline for years... I have just ordered the 07-09 CRV lamps and will update yall if I get the same result!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I have to share this tidbit. A few days ago, my driver-side low-beam headlight burned out. Given my 09 RTL has factory fog lights, which I had on, I had no idea that one of my headlights was out; that is until I pulled into my driveway and noticed the light projecting on the wall was not normal. These OEM fog lights put out so much light and project so far forward of the vehicle that it really makes a difference in safety and does a great job of filling in the dead spots often left by traditional headlights. I am glad I have these fog lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts